• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Wolfen

I believe Oregon City is in the Testing Area but there is a age limit on Testing. After so many Years Testing is no longer required. I live outside the Testing Area so I'm not real familiar with the Requirements.

Amer-team

SRO how about picking a day without snow on the ground. :) Or monsoons. Do you have a tarp? Hope you guys got something good accomplished. What size stencils did you make?

goodguyzy

What is going on with JBLM G/L lot. I drive I-5 20 min to work and back every day and almost everyday I see a 5-ton heading south with no G/L stickers and bradleys heading north. I used to buy out of French camp but that closed up and now I see that material is being shipped to Fontana. I heard they are doing some work or something there. Are they shipping stuff to Barstow or ? just wondering.

Amer-team

They are sure cranking a lot out by Barstow and Fontana. GL JBLM has been boring lately. Maybe they should try a few more at yakima. The last couple of batches over there was a new thing for them and they were being managed out of JBLM.

Another Ahab

If I had read this a little earlier in the day I would have headed down and then off to Cabellas.
Read an obituary for Old Man Cabella just the other day. Wish I could find it to post here:

- He got started out by selling fishing flies from his garage/ basement (I think that's what it was), and once him and his wife got an address they hung onto it (for future sales).

Just a brief sidebar tacked onto the OP, here.

Chuckh55

He seemed to epitomize what hard work would get you. IMHO I like the Lacey store more than the Tualip one. I can get help down south, was pretty much ignored by staff up north or didn't have a clue about product. HAve to try them again though, it was new when I visited.

Another Ahab

If I had read this a little earlier in the day I would have headed down and then off to Cabellas.
Read an obituary for Old Man Cabella just the other day. Wish I could find it to post here:

- He got started out by selling fishing flies from his garage/ basement (I think that's what it was), and once him and his wife got an address they hung onto it (for future sales).

Just a brief sidebar tacked onto the OP, here.

View attachment Cabela.pdf

"We now return you to our regular programming".

goodguyzy

I'm not sure if they going to Fontana or Barstow but the shipping on the truck would almost eat up the cost. Yes I know more government waste. I picked up a 1101 and 989a1 shipped from Afghan, I'm sure it cost well beyond what I paid.

Another Ahab

I'm not sure if they going to Fontana or Barstow but the shipping on the truck would almost eat up the cost. Yes I know more government waste. I picked up a 1101 and 989a1 shipped from Afghan, I'm sure it cost well beyond what I paid.

No worry: a WHOLE lot of taxpayers between your Coast and this Coast helped make up the difference (though none of us likely knew it):

- Wonder if we'd howl more if we got an itemized bill?

Amer-team

You sort of do when you get the SF 97. There was another sheet with mine showing a company paying sales tax on so much, which I think was about 1250 on the purchase price, then it was sold to me for something over 3000 and I paid a buyers premium and sales tax on it. So for an example, wholesale cost 1250, markup or auction price, say 3000, plus a 10 percent premium, 300. There is a 2050 return on your 1250 investment. From an accounting point of view, someone is getting a M923 for less than scrap value, getting the difference plus 10 percent above that. Seems like a pretty good rate of return to me. Of course they have overhead, site rental, and employee costs, plus whatever equipment costs they incur moving stuff around and loading.

This might lend credence to the theory floating in another thread about vehicles being randomly pulled after the auction has closed with the idea that they may not have made what they thought they were worth. Ah conspiracy theories.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks