• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amer-team

So whatever pittance we would have gotten out of that equipment, as a taxpayer, is now eaten up in transportation cost, so the only one getting a return is the sales contractor. What a deal.

Another Ahab

So whatever pittance we would have gotten out of that equipment, as a taxpayer, is now eaten up in transportation cost, so the only one getting a return is the sales contractor. What a deal.
Sometimes it pays (big) to be a government contractor (and the taxpayer takes the sucker-punch):

- Check out the last paragraph below here (in highlight), about "precision shafting"

View attachment Precision Shafts.pdf

Amer-team

Precisely what we paid for. Well said. Thank you for sharing this information. I am currently dealing with parts of a 5.7 mil. grant called Camo to Commerce. It is designed to help service people that are leaving the service, get some help to find good careers in civilian life. The grant writer put in an ask for $15000 to help pay for a Construction career day at JBLM. They had just got the grant in the door and the newly appointed administraitor of these funds was asking if we really needed that much to do the event. By my estimate, nearly half of that money is going to fund some mid level bureaucrats for the next couple of years instead of going for the troops. it is amazing how much of that money goes to fund a study somewhere.

Cucvnut

I made it to oregon city safe and sound at 130 last night. The M1008 hates hills i had it around 70 for a bit with the larger tires it did great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks