• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amer-team

with the reductions on base you would think they would take all the rent they could get. the reason trucks and trailers are currently headed for Fontana is that they are doing some work on the parking lots behind the building there at GL

ZebraTruck

Hello All,

I joined a few months back and started doing research to determine a possible MV to own. The Deuce was always my favorite and as of Wednesday I own one! I picked it up from GL in January (EUC took forever). Going to bring Deuce back on Tuesday. Sorry if it was one of you I was bidding against!

Hoping to meet some of you soon.

This place has been great for info! Thanks

drician

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a beautiful green M923A2 with dueling convoy lights on top driving through Graham yesterday afternoon. Who did I see?

wsucougarx

Just got back from JBLM. Spoke to a couple GL workers. I inquired about the lack of trucks, trailers etc. They said they lost their "Rolling Stock" contract. They confirmed that indeed all the rolling items (Military Vehicles, trailers, dollies etc) are being shipped to Fontana, CA. They stated they doubt they will ever get the contract back. Just sharing what I heard today.

Last edited:

DrillerSurplus

Just got back from JBLM. Spoke to a couple GL workers. I inquired about the lack of trucks, trailers etc. They said they lost their "Rolling Item" contract. They confirmed that indeed all the rolling items (Military Vehicles, trailers, dollies etc) are being shipped to Fontana, CA. They stated they doubt they will ever get the contract back. Just sharing what I heard today.
GL losing the contract is going to make things more complicated - GL for parts & "stuff" and Iron Planet for rolling stock. I thought it was supposed to be a while before the contract changed over though.

When you consider how much it costs to ship some of these bigger vehicles around, it seems nuts that JBLM and Tracy (formerly French Camp) are shipping all the rolling stock to Fontana. Tracy is shipping all the other stuff too. I assume the government is eating those transportation costs and it is more than some of the rolling stock brings. Also, Fontana keeps it all out in the weather instead of keeping the items that are more easily damaged in a warehouse.

Artisan

I too have contemplated these issues from time to time Driller and it may have something
to do w/ the possible want to keep the truckers that move all this stuff in business. If
all of a sudden there was no work for them, in a time of need, they would not be
there to supplement the DOD's own fleet. Who knows, yes seems like a waste
but there may be method to the madness.

Another Ahab

I too have contemplated these issues from time to time Driller and it may have something
to do w/ the possible want to keep the truckers that move all this stuff in business. If
all of a sudden there was no work for them, in a time of need, they would not be
there to supplement the DOD's own fleet. Who knows, yes seems like a waste
but there may be method to the madness.
Possible:

government is stupid.jpg

wsucougarx

Not sure the reason, but I do remember there was an issue with the Army wanting their yard and part of the warehouse back from GL. That was about 4 years ago. It may be coming to fruition now, not sure. If I hear anything different, I'm hoping anyways, I'll let you know. GL said they had some 35 M939's on the DRMO yard side ready for the shippers to come get them for a trip down south. Pretty disgusting to say the least.

Special T

The Drmo yard at fort lewis is beong paved. They have been shuffling stuff around and getting rid of stuff to facilitate the paving. Something about needing sealed surfaces to deal water and oil.

Amer-team

What a deal on getting new rolling stock folks. Hopefully they are paying the government more for the stuff than GL. take a look at your SF97 to determine the governments portion. It looks like it would take more to ship to CA than what the gov. was getting out of them. Besides it was almost worthwhile to buy one up here, but it sure isn't worth the gamble to go that far for one. Looks like another situation normal. Too bad we can't go back on the scrap pile and buy it by the pound.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks