• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

elkhtr

IsaLandr, I see your point, and for the most part agree.
I saw the flow chart you were speaking of, as well as the exceptions.
There were enough grey areas between the "and's and or's" in the Wac's and Rcw's that I felt it required legal clarification.
I should have pointed out that my truck was plated as a collector vehicle in the first post.

joelstevens21

IsaLanr and Elkhtr, thank yall both for the clarification on the collector requirements. I am looking at buying one and just driving it every once in a while. I have no need to haul anything in it.

srodocker

So mini rally end of sept. Most likely a sunday. Unless most people need a saturday. Im thinking a BBQ. we need recon done at point defiance to check height clearance and room for big trucks. Im sure brad wouldnt mind if we did it at his place as well. So lets spew out some dates

Another Ahab

So mini rally end of sept. Most likely a sunday. Unless most people need a saturday. Im thinking a BBQ. we need recon done at point defiance to check height clearance and room for big trucks. Im sure brad wouldnt mind if we did it at his place as well. So lets spew out some dates
Don't know the Pacific NW very well; what does BBQ mean to you all out your way:

- Brisket?
- Pork?
- Chicken?
- And the sauce: vinegar, tomato-base, mustard-base?

ALL of the above?!

Amer-team

No Patriots Day events that I know of Coug. Just got done with a Military Tribute Parade in Tacoma. There was 1 - M 37, 1 - M923A2, and my 42 GPW, plus quite a few NG trucks and regular military vehicles as well. Of course I left the camera on the kitchen floor when I left this morning. Situation Normal.

Did a display today at the WA State History museum in Tacoma on WW1. They have a great display of original WW1 posters. If anyone gets the chance, this is a great opportunity to see some very seldom seen items from WW1.

M840

Greetings Brethren. I'm brand new to SS, but not quite brand new to loving the milsurp quality. Have an M105A2 trailer and an M104 dolly set (I vaguely recall something about putting the cart before the horse... Don't do that? How does that go?) so of course I need a deuce.5 or 5 ton.
I spend about half of my time in SouthWest Washington and the other half in the mountains of Montana.
I am interested in meeting other milsurp enthusiasts so was glad to see this thread for our area. I admit that I have not yet read all 160 pages.
Seems there is advice here on SS about pulling an A2 with a civilian "horse." I pulled my A2 fine with a Suburban and 6" raised pintle hitch, but still plan on getting the 2.5.
Anyway, glad to find some other fans of the heavy duty stuff.

rolling18

Welcome to the ranks of the GREAT N. W.!
I live in Southeast Portland and there are a few other members in the Portland area where abouts do you live?

I also used to visit Montana quite frequently before I have a military vehicle whereabouts do you hang out over there?

rolling18

Anyone interested in taking a drive to Brown's Camp ORV??
I would like to go sometime tomorrow or Monday.... for some light DRY off roading... any interest?

Last edited:

srodocker

Heres a little update on me! My little man was born 8/28/14! @ 9pm. So the "mini van" needs to be worked on! brad may be coming down this week while I have it off to see if he can figure out it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks