• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amer-team

Hello Team, Saturday at the Olympic Flight museum, they will be having their Fall Military Show and sale. You might be able to pick up a few goodies for your historic presentation with your vehicle. If you want to part with some of your extra stuff, give them a call and get a table. I most likely will be unable to attend this time due to work responsibilities.

srodocker

Wish I could. BUT I may have found the problem with my truck. Will be testing the 2 fixed problems tomorrow. Stuck wedge brake and a torn backside service diaphragm.

srodocker

Replacing a service diaphragm is easy. just 1 clamp and some wiggling it it will come off. Parking air pot is HIGHLY recommended in just replacing the pot after inserting a caging bolt. Any brake work done to air brake vehicles I always cage no matter what part im working on.

rolling18

wow I LOVE the feeling when I "find" the source of a problem, sort of a relief and now to fix feeling at same time. Anyway, hope it wont rain to hard on your parade this weekend, I'm going to head up there probably to timberline, meadows and see whats up there.. nothing too hard core i dont feel like diggin myself out! lol

srodocker

Hahah you dont understand this tuesday when I was undoing it HOPING that I found find a bad diaphragm and I saw it was I got ecstatic. Now lets just hope thats the only problem HAHAH.

Going up int eh woods with your truck? Take pics

rolling18

lol yea il hafta take pix, hopfully they wont be of the "getting unstuck" variety... if i go alone. i wanna get an idea how these goodyear mvt's work.

rolling18

thanks for that info wayy to pricey for me now, I just saw a "regular" ladder style on thEbay for 140 shipped.. hmmm check out what i can find local

I do have 3 sets for stock NDT' i could throw in truck to be "legal" heh

DrillerSurplus

fortunatly im in OR, BUT whore would you buy a set fitting 395's? (prefer V-Bar) ice chain

is that a requirement for deuce?
Where I used to work, we had drills travelling most of the western states & had to become familiar with the various states' chain laws.

When chains are required, Oregon's chain regulation requires more chains on tandem axle trucks than in Washington. The regulations would apply to a deuce. Oregon DOT minimum chain requirements
I'm not sure what areas are designated "SNOW ZONE" where the chains need to be on the vehicle just in case.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hood looks to be in a Snow Zone.

Current conditions
@ Government Camp:
Current Chain Restrictions: Carry Chains or Traction Tires
US26 MP 42.5 - MP 60
Mt Hood (Elev. 3995') - Zigzag to Jct with OR35

Minimum Chain Restriction: Carry chains or traction tires regardless of conditions.

@TimberLine: ORE173 MP .12 - MP 5.49
Timberline - US26/Government Camp to Timberline Lodge

Current Chain Restrictions: Carry Chains or Traction Tires
Minimum Chain Restriction: Carry chains or traction tires regardless of conditions.

https://www.tripcheck.com/Pages/RCMap.asp?curRegion=2

I'd want chains. I've crossed that pass in Jan during a story in a AWD SUV. It was fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks