• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

srodocker

Yea I wont have issues getting chains for the little 31" tires. the 53"s would be another story. Just saw they are now requiring chains on all cars except AWD cars on i90. With our trucks being 6x6 is that considered awd? or no?

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the 10K restrictions will trump the AWD. But call WSP... They'll be the ones stopping and turning you around.

Heck, 3/4 the time they're not even setup enforcing whatever restriction WSDOT has in place. Of course, the worst I've driven in going to Snoqualmie was when there was no enforcement.

Enforcement seems to be confined to border line weather on weekends when everyone's heading to the ski areas and it's about slowing everything down.

But I'd hate to pay for the wrecker getting a 5ton back on the road, or worse go into the canyon @ Franklin Falls.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wouldn't matter anyways.

If chains required except AWD, AWD is required to carry one set of chains.

WA-542 and WA-410 require all vehicles carry chains in all conditions 11/1 to 4/1.

Like I said, it's a complex diagram.

Had to pass on a group event on 11/1 since it required crossing the pass and then going off road. Nice day. No chains. Meh.

srodocker

Yea i know about the dates as I drive a truck and knew about the commercial vehicle side. Was just curious on our truck side. Only downside about 1600s is I can use chains, sad day.

elkhtr

Howdy locals,
I was trolling craigslist and found some local treasures just in time for Christmas.
An m-38? and two m-715's that look pretty good.
If I wasn't facing a large repair bill on my 923 I may have been in danger of dragging one home.
If interested, Seattle craigslist, search term "military jeep"
Hope someone here rescues them.

Moderators, another member cautioned me that this might be a rule violation.
I re-read the rules and believe this complies.
If not please delete.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Howdy locals,
I was trolling craigslist and found some local treasures just in time for Christmas.
An m-38? and two m-715's that look pretty good.
If I wasn't facing a large repair bill on my 923 I may have been in danger of dragging one home.
If interested, Seattle craigslist, search term "military jeep"
Hope someone here rescues them.
You bet! And then posts the polaroids.

Amer-team

Anyone want to tag along on 13 December for the lighted Tractor Parade in Centralia. I put the information on upcoming events. You will need to bring a generator or power converter and a lot of lights for your rig. We will meet at my house about 1400, light up the trucks, have a hamburger and go to the parade.
Let me know if you can make it. Last year we were the Grand Champions of the parade.

Another Ahab

Anyone want to tag along on 13 December for the lighted Tractor Parade in Centralia. I put the information on upcoming events. You will need to bring a generator or power converter and a lot of lights for your rig. We will meet at my house about 1400, light up the trucks, have a hamburger and go to the parade.
Let me know if you can make it. Last year we were the Grand Champions of the parade.
Very cool. Love to see a photo or two if you can pull it off.

Amer-team

Don't know for sure, but of course WA goes by the rule that they haven't ever seen an environmental law that they don't like. It will pay to keep a look out, maybe we could sway a legislator to come to their senses. Have to go put a sweater on before global warming overcomes me.

rolling18

Have a NEW in box ODYSSEY BATTERY for sale, same company that makes armalite and other military batteries
tried classifieds but it wont let me and I cant ship this 90 lb battery!! heh

Another Ahab

Have a NEW in box ODYSSEY BATTERY for sale, same company that makes armalite and other military batteries
tried classifieds but it wont let me and I cant ship this 90 lb battery!! heh
Military Batteries? Didn't know about them:

- What qualities over any other batteries?

- Commercially available (or to the "Trade" only)?

rolling18

Military Batteries? Didn't know about them:

- What qualities over any other batteries? YES many! just research hawker or enersys they make both of these

- Commercially available (or to the "Trade" only)?
depends where you buy them.. kind of like buying REAL "carc" paint
12 Volt
the one i'm selling ODYSSEY pc2250 BM Part #:
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/applications/marine.htm

Design Features http://www.odysseybatteries.com/design.htm

Dual SAE DIN Taper and 3/8" stud
Rope lifting handles

PHCA: 2,250A at 80°F (27°C); for 5 seconds
CCA: 1,225A at 0°F (-18°C)
CA/MCA: 1,550A at 32° (0°C)
HCA: 1,730 at 80°F (27°C)

Reserve capacity: 240 minutes on 25amps
Short circuit current: 5,000A
Deep cycling capability: 400 at 80% DOD

Operatiing temp.:-30°C (-22°F) to 40°C (104°F)
Container material: oil resistant plastic

Design life: 12 years
Service life: 6 to 8 years

Certificates: US DOT and IATA
BCI Size 6TL

I wont ship to VA though.. sorry it would cost about 150$!!!:!:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks