• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what's the deal, are you sitting behind a fence in an impound lot, and need someone to loan you $50 to get out the gate?

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:) :) Air the wheels down and try again.
That is only if you are not high centered on a piece of gravel. And remember to post some pix.

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
sorry my phone will not mobile upload pictures for some reason but anyway I just filled in the David that I dug out under the tires
You got yourself out before I could get logged in and respond, but if you need a hand, our available vehicles are up in Centralia, maybe an hour and a half from Portland. Amer-Team and his trucks are only a couple miles from us, too. There's help available when you really need it.

Anybody else remotely close to Portland?

rolling18

You got yourself out before I could get logged in and respond, but if you need a hand, our available vehicles are up in Centralia, maybe an hour and a half from Portland. Amer-Team and his trucks are only a couple miles from us, too. There's help available when you really need it.

Anybody else remotely close to Portland?
that is always great to know I make myself available as well I am normally in the Portland area but I was stuck up in Lacey Washington near Hawks Prairie

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that is always great to know I make myself available as well I am normally in the Portland area but I was stuck up in Lacey Washington near Hawks Prairie
Even better... only bout 30 mins from centralia... and about 20 mins from Lakewood... both of which have active members and are really awesome people.

rolling18

yes I totally agree and have met most of them looking forward to seeing you all again this year at the rally if they have it again near Centralia

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scott, I'm not in Lacey, but can I give you a call to help me debug my 900 series air brake system? I heard you are an expert.

rolling18

Just an update for anyone curious what happened...

I made it back to Portland about 22:30 :driver:

What happened.. I made too sharp of a turn in a very large parking lot in Hawks Prarie on Martin Way about 16:00p between the Winco and (not so) Great Floors.
the front tires dug into the soft ground, all the rocks were round river type.. :whistle:

Although I was not in to deep, the 2nd axle driver side began to spin and dig a hole, so I interlocked the 3rd axle. without a budging it also began to spin on the pass. side
I could manually spin the 3rd pass side axle wheel and would spin the second axle driver along with it.:cookoo: (man locking diffs would have been nice!!)
20150327_184724.jpg20150327_184744.jpg20150327_185627.jpg

I eventually dug underneath both of the spinning tires but since the ground was way too rocky to dig any further with a hand shovel, after jacking up the axle further with a locally bought hydraulic jack from O.. O...O...O'Rilies I stuffed a big ass piece of concrete under the tire, This was finally enough to get me going!!!

you can sort of see the divets where I had to dig.
Sorry I could not do much updating on site with my cell phone as my hands were dirty, and I wanted to be out before dark..

obviously this whole thing would not have happened with one of OUR trucks! but mine was a company truck (never told the boss):whistle:
Thanks to you who offered help and suggestions!!:mrgreen:

srodocker

HA HA HA very funny tony...aka quarkz...give me a call and I can tell you how to fix that hair of yours!

Yea I was probably 5mins from you hahahah no truck just my wifes car lol

Amer-team

Glad you got the truck out. Have been on away missions for the last couple of weeks, but probably could have gotten the 1st Sgt. over there with his 5T. P

Also of anyone is headed up to the triple X on 12 April for the military vehicle car show, we are going to meet at Denny's off exit 109 at about 0600 for breakfast and then head up. So far it is the 1st Sgt. and me with 923's. More to come on this.

rolling18

xxx show?? what is this event? Where? I am unable to google it, I would be interested in tagging along also :)
I need to give my repaired radiator a good workout and check my new cargo cover tightness.. Heh

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks