• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

jpz66

Wow....so many rules.....I understand the need for some rules and discipline and order and all that happy horsepucky, but geeeeeezzzzz..... I really hope I can find another site as cool as this as far as helpful people and information....

Too many RULE nazi's around here for me though.... Ciao

Joe

PS...though NOT 8th grade english ( I ****, I broke the RULE ), Ciao means see ya, bye, later....

Last edited:

wsucougarx

House rules are house rules. I don't challenge anyone's rules when I'm in their house. This site is no different. It is what it is. Learn the rules and follow them. The mods are just doing their job. Couldn't imagine this site with all us salty Veterans in here just doing our own thing..... Ha-ha.

rolling18

Can you guys help me out with figuring a price range on a AirForce model M35A2C I have that I am considering selling. I've had it about 6 years. Driven it about 6 times and may be moving soon and don't know if I can take it with me. I've dropped a ton of money into it including:

Hemmit Tires (90%-new) and Rims
Rebuilt troop seats out of plastic wood (so won’t ever rot again (except bows)) with powder coated brackets
New batteries and solargizer on hood
Axles disassembled, inspected, cleaned, powder coated, ARB lockers installed and reassembled. Front axle has upgraded alloy shafts with enhanced after market seals, axle expansion valves replaced and open lines attached and run to air filter.
Tank was removed, sent out for acid cleaning, lined and repainted with powder coated hanger straps
Frame was sand blasted and had green Rhino bed liner sprayed on it.
Steering rebuilt
Headlights upgraded to LED
Cabin light installed
radiator sent out for professional cleaning, brazing and sealing.
brand new winch installed
New troop canvas tarp added ( I also have a brand new one for a about 2-4’ longer bed truck that was the wrong size)
suspension was all disassembled, leaves were poweder coated, cleaned, inspected and re-installed
Brake shoes were all replaced and brake system gone through but may need master cylinder honed out or replaced
air system checked and auto drain and new manual drain valves added to air canisters
probably a bunch of other stuff I can’t remember now.
All She really needs now is some minor body work and paint and upholstery.

Any ideas on how much she is worth? I know I'm going to lose a lot of money on it but my investing style lately seems to be "buy high and sell low" :)

Thanks,
Rob
sounds like about a 9 to 10K truck to me..... You have made all the mods I would have chosen! If i were to start over I would just buy your truck and save myself the headache and time and go wheeling!

I know all about buying high and selling low.. from my house to vehicles... deuces are not "investments" and most likely as with other used vehicles aftermarket add-ons, are worth only a fraction (if that) of their costs installed.:(

I bought mine spur of the moment while looking for a used diesel truck to play with wheeling! 7k later, I can use it to "make" money and dont want to break anything:( my mods are in my signature ... what little money I make goes to maintainance/ upgrades. and still in the hole!

Last edited:

Another Ahab

sI know all about buying high and selling low.. from my house to vehicles... deuces are not "investments" and most likely as with other used vehicles aftermarket add-ons, are worth only a fraction (if that) of their costs installed.!
Don't I know it. I took a beating on the Deuce that I've since bought-and-sold. But a lot of learning comes from mistakes, not the best method I'm telling you, but on the up-side: you likely will NEVER forget the lesson (I know I won't). My own fault though, just got ahead of myself is all. :roll:

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Water truck

Here are some pics of the Grizz, fitted out with 4 ea. 250 gallon IBC totes. I used 2" hose to manifold them together. Eventually, I will make a platform for the square tube trailer receiver to mount a Honda fire pump and hose reel. Now I can fill stock tanks on the ranch or use for a wild land fire situation. I am trying it out with 700 gallons, then may try the full 1000 gallons.

Attachments

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to have a M105 trailer but got rid of it. The thing was so heavy (empty) that the Grizz would barely pull it. Of course, later, I found that the fuel was turned down so far (on the fuel injection pump) that the truck would barely get out of it's own way! After mounting a pyrometer and boost gauge, I turned the fuel up and the beast runs good! I set it so that I max out at about 1050 degrees F. on a long uphill pull with a full load. Anyhow, there are areas on the ranch that I need to get to that are tight enough with just the truck, I wouldn't want to try to pull a trailer up some of those steep, narrow jeep tracks!

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The other thing is that these IBC totes are light enough that I can throw them in and out easily (when they are empty). The hoses are quick coupled so I can empty the bed in less than 10 minutes.

srodocker

Ahh figured there was a reason behind not having one. Ive seen your truck a couple of years ago. Good looking bobber! So did you want to start a PNW EAST CONVOY/CAMPOUT thread? Im picking vacation weeks starting next week so im thinking i'll take the week before off to get truck ready.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent some time with him a couple weeks ago. Despite the situation, and the obvious pain, he was still making jokes...still thinking of others before himself.

Godspeed.

Amer-team

Think I forgot this one or can't find the thread. Tomorrow, 14 NOV, Olympic Flight Museum military display and show. 1000 - 1600. If you bring a truck, there will be some parking immediately in front of the Museum. I am taking the M923. We can't park in there till after 0900. This is to let displayers get their stuff into the museum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks