• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amer-team

That is Armed Forces Day weekend at JBLM. I think this will be my 28th year there. Also if you need a fun day run, or the team would like to come to Chehalis, 12 MAR for open house for the PBR guys. Bring green and tan vehicles. They have two PBR's plus an M931, with the 5th wheel removed and they put a flat bed on it to carry their members in the parades. They also tow a PBR with it.

Amer-team

Their 931 is really a nice one. They did have a little rust issue under the floor mats and an issue under the hood, but we took care of that yesterday. Last month they had a couple of tires that were looking a bit low, they were going to compressor up. So we started the truck, backed it out of the garage, pushed the CTIS button and in a few minutes tires were up to snuff. They they asked how I did it. They had never pushed the button. Apparently that system is working on the truck. Will keep you all posted on the boat thing at Tacoma. It was new to me yesterday and don't have the particulars down yet. We are going to scope it out and see if there is somewhere we could set up a display.

wsucougarx

Check government Liquidation. They typically have pallets of those for dirt cheap. Something in the order of 8 mounted tires on a pallet sold for like $50 on the last auction.

Amer-team

Oldsteel, take a look at the upcoming events section in the forums. I try to keep local events posted there. On 12 MAR there is an open house in Chehalis for the PBR group. 19 MAR is the Olympic Flight Museum military show. MV's are welcome, let me know if you want to bring the truck and I should be able to get you preferred parking. 23 APRIL is the Battle of the Bulge luncheon. Not that great for MV's but you get to hang out with some really neat folks and those WW2 vets are passing quickly. It is held at La Quinta Inn, off Portland Ave. and I-5 in Tacoma. Hope that helps. P

Oldsteel

Thank you very much! While I know I will have the truck mechanically sound in the next couple weeks, I'm afraid the body is another story. It's not quite going to be show worthy soon, if ever. I will absolutely drive it out for the fun of it though. This is the current state. Poor old girl.

Oldsteel

Brother, tackling that would be a labor of love. Are you going to go for it though?
I've tried to buy this truck for ten years. The body is junk but besides needing a tune up she is a runner. I'll keep it for life, I'll drive it in this shape until I can manufacture or buy all the replacement parts needed. I'm a welder/fabricator so moat of it is not above my abilities

Amer-team

Is that a CCKW? it certainly is worth an attempt to save, but have you looked at that one on CL lately? It needs work too, but is a lot further along. Good luck on this project. If you are looking for parts, let the group know and or get familiar with our friend at the McKenna Y.

Another Ahab

I've tried to buy this truck for ten years. The body is junk but besides needing a tune up she is a runner. I'll keep it for life, I'll drive it in this shape until I can manufacture or buy all the replacement parts needed. I'm a welder/fabricator so moat of it is not above my abilities
Do you know:

- Was that the original surplus set-up (with the gin pole), or was all that cobbled together after her service life?

Oldsteel

Do you know:

- Was that the original surplus set-up (with the gin pole), or was all that cobbled together after her service life?
The person I bought it from has had it in his family for 50 years and according to him the a frame on the front has been there ever since they got it. I feel as if the rack on the back may not be authentic. I will keep you up to date as I get to dig into it. I tried to dig ot out of the woods with no success this last weekend. It will be driving out on its own power Saturday onto a flatbed

srodocker

Wow thats a doozy! Get ahold of brad in mckenna. 2098102311 He can help on tires and maybe has odds and ends for your cckw laying around. Welcome to the board. And also check out the links in my signature for other PNW events coming up!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks