• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Oldsteel

Thanks everyone, she's running good now. I'll have to give him a call, I'd love some dukw wheels and would love to probly see what else he has for sale. Her she is as sitting today

Another Ahab

Thank you. She runs so great now! I am a little discouraged by the amount of work I have ahead of me though. I really don't want to pull the transmission out.
Maybe just don't look too far ahead.

The Chinese have been around a long time (they've seen a lot), and they have a great saying:

- "The longest journey begins with a single step".

You can do this, Brother. You got a strong fan base here to cheer you on. We're all rooting for you! [thumbzup]

srodocker

You are a trooper for taking on that project! Defiantly want to see that thing someday.

On another note, who would like to do some breakfast? April 3rd is a Truck and jeep show at the puyallup fairgrounds. We could do the show then do breakfast?

Amer-team

Sorry Scott, am out for breakfast on most Sundays.

Oldsteel, are you wanting to put a box on that truck someday? Check your PM's and give me a call.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone in the kitsap county area have a tow bar that will work on an Lmtv? Looking to borrow one for a couple of days. I've got a dead m1078 that will need to get off a trailer and up my driveway when it shows up.

Amer-team

What is your time frame on this? I have a towbar, but am about 80 miles from you and busier than heck this week. Do you also need a tow rig for this mission? There is an MV club up that way, certainly someone could help out.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's supposed to get on a truck early this week and deliverd on the 30th. I've only got to take it a few hundred yards, I could do it with chains, but I may be doing it all myself and a tow bar would make it a ton easier to get it turned in through a narrowish gate. I would never ask anyone to drive 80 miles for this.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's supposed to get on a truck early this week and deliverd on the 30th. I've only got to take it a few hundred yards, I could do it with chains, but I may be doing it all myself and a tow bar would make it a ton easier to get it turned in through a narrowish gate. I would never ask anyone to drive 80 miles for this.
NEVER underestimate the power of the Green Iron Addiction. 80 miles is a drop in the proverbial bucket for a true addict to get his fix. As well, the charitable satisfaction from such a mission may not require you to actually ASK - - - Name the date, time and place and you may have a SPONTANEOUS RALLY !!!

Too bad I'm all the way down in Texas. I'd volunteer if it was only 80 miles.

Amer-team

Am sure it will work out, but probably no way that I could get there on the 30th. Will you be able to charge up the air so you can release the brakes?

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow thank you everyone for the offered help. It's an M1078 and should be delivered next Monday or Tuesday. The tow bar was a plan B already. As long as the pickup tomorrow goes as planned, I shouldn't need a tow bar. The issue is if it has to wait until next week then I will be away with work when it's delivered and my wife would have to get the truck from the road to the house.

Would be be much easier with the tow bar. If all goes well I'll be home when it gets here and will just chain it in behind our tractor. The brakes are caged and only have a slight incline to drive up, along with a 90 degree turn into the driveway.

I look forward ward to getting this thing back up and getting to some of the local rallies.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 5 ton if you need help moving it.... My tow bar is in the 5 ton... of course, 70 mile round trip @ 5mpg + toll is not optimal but it's an option of last resort if you need help. The tow bar itself isn't an issue, I can run that up in my CUCV...

Are you recovering it from JBLM tomorrow?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks