• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Hammer

$187.50 fee.
That is quite a few years of regular registration.
I see the scale weight on the trailer must be under 2000 lbs, but I didn't see anything about gross weight on the trailer.

Josh

HI I am new to the MV thing and I just bought a 85 m923 5 ton from WA. I am having problems with registering it in OR. I took my WA title in to the DMV in Albany and they told me I should just take the truck back because I won't be able to get it registered in Oregon. They said they had received an email stating that if the military vehicle has 9 digits they are not to be registered in Oregon. Now what I am going to try a different DMV soon hopefully different results. If anyone know anything about this or has gone threw this any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
I haven't tried titling my 84 M925 yet. But when I did my deuce, the DMV person just added a bunch of 0's to the end of the vin to get it to the long enough length. I would try talking to someone in another DMV. It really is more about who you talk too .

Amer-team

Scott that was the same number issue that I had when I licensed the 3 M1102 trailers. They had a 4 digit serial number and one of the trailers, there were 7 other trailers already registered with the same number. 3 of which came up stolen. The lady at the license desk at the county was a champ. She was on the phone for about 45 minutes and finally got someone to get it straightened out. Most of the time if you deal with the same person and they are nice, they will try to help you out.

srodocker

Attention attention read all about it!

The kids and I will be heading to ocean shores sunday new years day. A few people showed interest and was wondering if anyone still wanted to go?
We could plan on meeting at the captal mall at the starbucks and then head on out. I do have convoy signs if we get a few people. Then have some lunch out there at bennetts and then take a drive on the beach and then we can head on back if that sounds like a plan?

PM me on here or facebook. I'll be cross posting on facebook PNW Steel Soldiers as well.

srodocker

Oh defiantly!

Couple of more days!

0830 at Rusty Tractor in Elma.
After breakfast head out to Ocean shores, will take about a hr or so.
Grab some lunch when everyone gets hungry again.
And then convoy back to Abderdeen then depart on our separate ways!

Amer-team

Here are a couple more from the mission yesterday. Good weather and great time. No mechanical issues and no one got stuck. It was about 40 degrees out. Each time we stopped, people came to look at the vehicles. Good food and good friends.

Attachments

Amer-team

Hammer, you were right about 187. Plus 30 or so for changing the title. So somewhere around 210.

If I license it regular, with no restrictions, it is currently about 24 dollars. If I license it as intermittent and sell it to you in 2 years, you have to pay the big price again. It sounds like someone passed the bill and when it went to DOL for rule making, they figured out how to make it so costly that no one would take advantage of the option. Right now it would take me 10 years to break even.

What a deal! I still don't have my trailer re licensed, but probably won't use it for another 2 or 3 months anyway.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An additional hassle with this trailer license law is that if you want to use a "reactivated" plate it must be from not only the exact year, it must be a trailer plate. Also, unlike the reactivated plate for motor vehicles which allow a one year either side of the vehicle year, this law does not allow that leeway.

Makes it very hard and very expensive to benefit from this law. If you expect to ever recover your costs, you better be 18 years old when you license your trailer and keep it until you are 65.

The State is going to get its pound of flesh for granting you this "privilege".

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
An additional hassle with this trailer license law is that if you want to use a "reactivated" plate it must be from not only the exact year, it must be a trailer plate. Also, unlike the reactivated plate for motor vehicles which allow a one year either side of the vehicle year, this law does not allow that leeway.

Makes it very hard and very expensive to benefit from this law. If you expect to ever recover your costs, you better be 18 years old when you license your trailer and keep it until you are 65.

The State is going to get its pound of flesh for granting you this "privilege".
Umm...

A few issues with this..

1. Restored license plates don't require tabs.. so, if you bring in a license plate without tabs, they can't tell you it doesn't fit that year provided that it's that SERIES
2. See above - As long as the plate matches that SERIES, Ie the group of years in which the plate was the same, you're good to go..
3. Tied to above, what if you get a 79 plate, but it was registered 79,80,81,82,83,84, and finally an 85 sticker on top, but you have an '82, they gonna make you peel off the last 3 stickers to 'prove' it was an '82? No, of course not.
3.What the LAW says and how it's applied is usually quite different.

Ie, if you have an '82 trailer, you must use a plate that was used in '82. So if the trailer plate from 1979-1990 is white with green lettering, in ##-ABCD, then it must be white with green lettering matching ##-ABCD format.. Just as an example, I don't know the color scheme or years.

I have a trailer tag assigned to my M1031... Didn't even realize it until afterwards... brought it to the county assessors office and they assigned it to my truck no issues whatsoever, after the verified it was for that GROUP of years...

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/spcollector.html

[h=2]1. Plate requirements[/h]
  • You must be a WA state vehicle owner, to get these plates.
  • They can only be used on the vehicle they were purchased for.
  • The plates are displayed on the rear of the vehicle. If you provide a set of restored plates, they may be displayed on the front and rear of the vehicle.
  • You don’t need to display month/year tabs on the plates.

Also, be aware that restored plates WILL NOT RETURN TO ANYTHING if the officer runs the license plate, the officer must run the tag as the equipment #, NOT the plate #....

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
O.K., here we go.

1963 to 1966 are the same basic plate. MUST be a trailer plate (F, J, Z, FA-FZ, JA-JC).

1967 Stand Alone Year. MUST be a trailer plate (F, J, Z, FA-FZ, JA-JC).

1968 Stand Alone Year. MUST be a trailer plate (F, J, Z, FA-FZ, JA-JC).

1969 and on I don't care.

Above plates MUST also have the format: LLNNNN.

My trailer is a 1967 Trailer. I MUST use a 1967 trailer plate.

My truck is 1952 Dodge. It is licensed with a 1951 plate because it can be 1 year either way and it doesn't have to be a truck plate.

IF the rules had just been modified to add trailers to the EXISTING restored plate law, I would have no problem (I could use a much more plentiful 1963-1966 plate). However, the State and it bureaucrats in their divine, infinite and infalible "wisdom" had to create the new law with no reference to existing law.

I realize that restored plates are a major criminal problem for the police agencies. Restored vehicles are responsible for vast amounts of traffic violations and consume the majority of patrol officers time. They should probably have gps trackers made manditory for the safety of the motoring public.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
O.K., here we go.

1963 to 1966 are the same basic plate. MUST be a trailer plate (F, J, Z, FA-FZ, JA-JC).

1967 Stand Alone Year. MUST be a trailer plate (F, J, Z, FA-FZ, JA-JC).

1968 Stand Alone Year. MUST be a trailer plate (F, J, Z, FA-FZ, JA-JC).

1969 and on I don't care.

Above plates MUST also have the format: LLNNNN.

My trailer is a 1967 Trailer. I MUST use a 1967 trailer plate.

My truck is 1952 Dodge. It is licensed with a 1951 plate because it can be 1 year either way and it doesn't have to be a truck plate.

IF the rules had just been modified to add trailers to the EXISTING restored plate law, I would have no problem (I could use a much more plentiful 1963-1966 plate). However, the State and it bureaucrats in their divine, infinite and infalible "wisdom" had to create the new law with no reference to existing law.

I realize that restored plates are a major criminal problem for the police agencies. Restored vehicles are responsible for vast amounts of traffic violations and consume the majority of patrol officers time. They should probably have gps trackers made manditory for the safety of the motoring public.
Thank you for the info.

I'm waiting to come back to my truck to find an 'invalid registration' ticket one of these days, by a cop who doesn't know what he's doing.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg7aGF2XoA4

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks