• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-M923 Recovery Standby Contacts

goodguyzy

The truck has 3000 miles since rebuild and I drove it down from JBLM and ran like a champ. The heater didn't work and that was a little on the cold side, now that it has a new blower it blows more hot air than a politician. Still need to fix the 3/8 air leak but thats an easy one.

wsucougarx

If ya guys wana stop in Portland for something to eat, I live 5minuteswith off I5.
Hey Josh, I'll see how we're doing for time. As of right now we only have 3 stops planned for the trip home. The rest area just outside of Grants Pass for a safety check, fuel stop around Eugene, and another fuel stop in Toledo. My chase driver says he needs to be home Saturday night. So out of respect for him, we may just have to drive through. Thanks for the offer man!

That sounds like a fun adventure. I'll PM you my numbers if you run into issues as you pass PDX.
Thank you, I appreciate it! You guys are outstanding

The truck has 3000 miles since rebuild and I drove it down from JBLM and ran like a champ. The heater didn't work and that was a little on the cold side, now that it has a new blower it blows more hot air than a politician. Still need to fix the 3/8 air leak but thats an easy one.
Thanks Zy, the anticipation is really starting to keep me up at night. Got the Bill of Sale written up. I also have an Oregon and Washington State Bill of Sale printed off. I figure if we have 3 bill of sales, we'll have our bases really covered;-).

moriboy

Hey Mike, my shop is located just north of Roseburg is you need a place to park/work on your truck. If you need a tow, I also have trucks available for that too. I always have my phone handy so if you need assistance, send me a PM. Good luck and be safe!

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have the nhc250 cummins, I would advise picking up one of those fancy power twist link belts for an emergency.

All the belts are very easy to change except the inner water pump belt. The adjustment is to loosen the water pump and rotate it guaranteeing that the water pump will leak and it is a major pia to get to and removing lots of stuff to get to it. It will not be a road side repair but an emergency belt and you will be rolling in 10 min.

I am sure this a belt not changed often or during maint because it is such a poor design and labor intensive. since the water pump will have to be pulled to reseal.
Funny you should mention this. I checked the belt tensions on my 923 yesterday. That water pump belt is Very Loose. aua I am surprised it turns the pump at all. Looks like a pretty major job to do anything with it.

Think I will just replace all the belts while I am at it.

Eagerly awaiting details on your replacement of the belt.

:popcorn:

And Mike, I noticed that while my belt is loose, the motor still stays at correct operating temperature, even on the hills. So if you find it loose when you do your safety check, I wouldn't stress over it too much.

Hammer

I should have Friday and Saturday off.
I could assist in towing (either flat towing, on a trailer, or a REAL tow truck.)

jets1959

Impossible, the sun couldn't put off that much heat! LOLrofl Sorry about the political content!

wsucougarx

Two more days to go;-). Got most of my gear packed into my Dodge Cummins a couple days ago. Picked up a fire extinguisher last night. Definately one thing I hope I never ever have to use.
I have an SD card in the mail for my Droid so I can take lots of pics and video for the recovery trip.
I want to thank EVERYONE for allowing me to put you on my emergency contact list.[thumbzup] I don't anticipate any issues whatsoever but you never know. Definately adds to the peace of mind element to know you have the A-Team on standby should the need arise. Thanks guys you're awesome!!

wsucougarx

Wow! Those are beautiful! I've got a few other things I'm going to do to her before I tackle creature comforts;-). I don't think I'll be using the 923 too much with the thirsty Cummins on board. I've got a M105 trailer full of gear for the project I'll be starting this summer.

wsucougarx

Ok, done with the mission planning. I'm ready to go tomorrow. My childhood friend and I will hit the road around 1500 hrs and should be in the recovery zone around 2200 hrs...hopefully. Plan is to drive straight down(410 miles). Got two large pizzas in the fridge and a ton of crap snacks in the truck. I told my friend he'll find a nice 2 Liter bottle on his seat for bladder evacuation ops;-) 'cause I ain't a stoppin'. I want to see my truck!!!