• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW recovery of 1955 M38A1

Fort Powell

Found a 1955 M38A1 in Missoula, Montana that my son wanted for his first vehicle.

Dan (AN/ARC186) and I drove from Tacoma, WA to Missoula, MT for a total round trip of 1007 miles.
We left on Friday Aug 24th around 0600 and made it back to Tacoma, WA around 0500 Saturday on Aug 25th.

We had one tire shred on the trailer around 0130 which tore up the wires for the running lights and took out the fuse in the van.
We fixed them all and were back on the road.

Other than that it was a good trip all around and well worth it.

Thanks John (Jangula) for the use of your car trailer.
Thanks again Dan… I could not have done it without you.

Attachments

77x58mm

m38a1

that is a nice looking 38a1 lucky boy!! im just starting on my 54 m38a1 for my oldest girl so when she gets home from kuwait (navy) she is going to be very surprised!! can u say navy grey m38a1!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks