• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Silverdale, WA Deuce recovery.

Fort Powell

Sunday started at 6:00 am for my son and I. Dan showed up at my place at 8:00 am and we took off for Sivlverdale, WA in my Deuce.
Once we got there we hooked a chain to the 2nd Deuce and pulled her away from the rock wall while my son steered the 2nd Deuce.
The Deuce took out a small part of the rock wall with the bumper. Did not hurt her at all.
Deuce 1, Rock wall 0… LOL

Dan hooked up some new batteries and we tried to get her to turn over. It was no go. We think it is the starter.
Pulled her up the driveway hill and out onto the street with a chain. Then I turned around and we hooked the tow bar up.

We towed her down the road to to a parkinglot and Dan worked his magic and made some taillights for her.
After a slow 65 miles of towing we got her to Dan’s place in Graham, WA.
It was a very interesting first experience for me.

Thank you goes out to Dan (AN/ARC186) for all his help. I could not have done it without him.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you guys run with the towbar at that length? How did it do? Congrats on a safe and successful recovery.

goodguyzy

don't want to be a big baby, but that tow bar is extended to far and no safety chains is a big ticket. Reminds me of when i first towed and got a verbal lashing (deserved)

Fort Powell

The tow bar is mine.
Yes, we did not put the chain on and we should have.
The truck towed fine with no problems.
We did not close the tow bar up because we wanted more room to make tighter turns.

How close should it have been?

goodguyzy

Towed an A2 with an A3 last week from weed, ca to medford, or. I like the second hole back leaving one exposed on the tow bar. The siskiyou pass was real white knuckle. Used the light bar with the magnetic LED warning lights. 15 MPH up and 20 MPH down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks