• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poetic Justice !

carguy455

Well, maybe not for the deuce.....As some of you might recall, a few years ? back I had a deal on a 53 Studebaker Deuce that a friend had owned and ignored for years, he didn't want much for it, just wanted it gone, so I spent 3 days getting it running, then drove it about 50 miles with NO BRAKES on my uncles dealer plate. Once I got it home and it ran the friend suddenly jumped the price from around a grand to more than I could buy a good running multi fuel deuce for. So after much going back and forth on price he started talking trash about me and bragging about all the stuff he was going to do with the truck once I stopped trying to "rip him off"...So I took the truck BACK to him and his toothless "wonder mechanic" that was suppose to be able to repair everyting on the deuce with no money and no parts... :roll:

Well they do soo much with it that it never mooved from the day I left it in his yard...now check out these pics from today....yep, his yard flooded..so the deuce is now sitting underwater....Guess he and his mechanic were not so great after all huh ?? :lol:

Thinking its time to offer him a lowball offer and get it back before it ends up ruined !

Attachments

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey, Carguy! You messed up the first time around. Spending 3 days getting it running before removing it from his property was a major mistake. You should have towed it, instead. When it wasn't running, it was "worthless." Once it fired up, it became "valuable." Since it hasn't moved since you returned it, my guess is that it won't start now, either, which makes it "worthless" again. This time, tell him you'll haul it away for him for a hunnert bucks. ;)

carguy455

Lifer said:
Hey, Carguy! You messed up the first time around. Instead of spending 3 days getting it running before removing it from his property was a major mistake. You should have towed it. When it wasn't running, it was "worthless." Once it fired up, it became "valuable." Since it hasn't moved since you returned it, my guess is that it won't start now, either, which makes it "worthless" again. This time, tell him you'll haul it away for him for a hunnert bucks. ;)

I was thinking maybe $500 and then kick him in the head while I was at it !!! :twisted:

carguy455

It would be a pretty impractical rig for me to own now, wouldnt be able to do much with it except play here on the farm with it. I am much more excited to try to get an M37 I have had my eye on since Jan. Just hate to see the ol Deuce sufer like that though, it deserves better. That truck has very low miles on it, former Air force truck, would look great all done up with a fresh coat of Strata and a fake A bomb in the bed ! :lol:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The biggest mistake you made was bringing it back to him. I would have said, "You just changed the deal and now I don't want the truck. You've got two hours to get it out of here."

jodka

Thinking its time to offer him a lowball offer and get it back before it ends up ruined !
He might resent you from the previous deal gone bad. That could cause him to act unreasonably if you made an offer now. Perhaps you could use an intermediary to purchase the truck on your behalf.

carguy455

Towerguy1 said:
Guess its time to break out the towbar again.....

Last time we had to drive it because your truck was down ! Maybe if I get it back I will drive it AGAIN just to piss him off !! I seem to be the only human on the planet that can make that thing start !! lol !!!

I have not gotten a response to my offer yet...doubt he will go for it, he's kinda a dumb AR$$

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet it's a pride matter now! Jodka had a decent idea with having someone else do the purchase. I'd be tickled pink just to get a Stude frame and data plate.

Michael

The lesson here is to pay and get a bill of sale signed before you move a truck. You may think you know someone well enough to take "a man's word", but in this day and age it doesn't mean what it used to.

steelandcanvas

jodka said:
He might resent you from the previous deal gone bad. That could cause him to act unreasonably if you made an offer now. Perhaps you could use an intermediary to purchase the truck on your behalf.
I agree with jodka, get another guy to purchase on your behalf, get it running again, and drive past his place tooting the airhorn. :lol:

carguy455

steelandcanvas said:
jodka said:
I agree with jodka, get another guy to purchase on your behalf, get it running again, and drive past his place tooting the airhorn. :lol:
I'm not too worried about it, if I get it , fine, if I don't , fine...I was over that truck and that deal a looooong time ago............

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks