• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pointers for finding a good Deuce

Baker

I am in the market for a Deuce but need to know what to look for. Are there things to watch out for when looking for the perfect truck? Is there anything I need to look out for? I really want one with a dump bed on it. By the way, this site is awesome!!!!! Lots of great folks and info....... Keep up the good work!!!!!:razz:

rex_1_mn

As I understand getting a new title is possible but can take a long while.

Look for

air locker
minimal rust
turbo
good tires

Whatever options you want

Spring seat
heater
troop seats
cargo cover

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Being in GA it is very easy. All you need is a bill of sale have the VIN verified by a police officer and you are done, go get tags and registration. PM sent on where a very nice one is in GA.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The most important asset is TIME. Take the time to learn (you already started here in the forum, so that is excellent) about the trucks and their details and quirks.

You need to answer questions that only you can answer, such as
- do you want a truck that has been checked, repaired and is road ready to the point where you can get it registered and drive it home and are you willing to pay for it
- do you want a truck in reasonable condition that you repair/restore?
- are you ready to gamble and bid for a truck at an auction? You might strike gold, but you might also end up with a complete, utter lemon.
- do you absolutely have to have a winch, hardtop, dropsides, C-turbo, heater, electric wipers (add items from wish list)

Once you have a pretty good idea what you want and what you should be looking at, go out hunting, read ads etc.
If you are not pressed for time/stressing yourself to make an impulse buy right now you can scan the ads until stuff comes along that catches your attention.

BugEyeBear

Read as many new posts as you can here on the SS Deuce forum for a month or two and you'll get a pretty good idea of what to look out for.

Check the classifieds for member trucks for sale. While not ALWAYS the best deals, there are occasionally some VERY NICE trucks sold there at VERY FAIR prices! Buying from a long time MV enthusiast who has already made the truck road-worthy and reliable is much better than buying from "joe-public-make-a-quick-buck"!

IF you are REALLY LUCKY an SS-member near you will be selling his "pride & joy" in order to help finance another new "toy" and you can get a nice reliable truck at a fair price!

Do your homework UP FRONT!
You'll save time, $$, and your sanity!! :-D

Snarky

Two words: brakes, title.

Maybe I should expand. It can be difficult to get a deuce registered even if you have a title in hand or a government certificate for title. Why make it harder?

Also bad brakes are the down fall of deuces. It's easy to get it running, it's harder to get it to stop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks