• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pointers

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So a deuce came to my attention this week that I didn't think I was going to look at seriously, BUT...

I'm going Saturday. I will be scowering the site for what to look for when I can, but I'm afraid I'll miss something. Give me some things for my checklist please. I am short on time and any help would be great. This will be the tow truck for my 725. It has the comunication box on the back but no winch. We'll see how it goes and I'll let you know Mon what happens. Oh! Wish me luck as I live in the city and expect trouble from the subdivision.

Jeff check your pm.

gimpyrobb

So we drove past the lot so I could show Shelley what it looks like from a distance and the gate was open. I have looked the truck over and it looks nice. It has the 5sp od trans, full tank of gas, and little rust to be found, there is only 36,000miles on it, it has the switch under the dash to engage the front axle, and it has part of the air filter indicator under the steering wheel. It has a hole in the canvas cab top thats fixable, it is NOT turbo, there is one window thats gone from the beck shelter and one thats in bad shape, I don't know if its good or bad but the back is full of charter bus seats. I am going to make a low ball offer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this a cargo truck with a shelter or a shop van body? Since you're mentioning windows, I'm figuring its a shop van. If it is a shop van, I've probably got a window assy here but no blackout panels. Can be upgraded to a turbo if you wish, check with Jeff as he is or will be doing one before long. Shop vans are pretty darned cool.

gimpyrobb

Its a shop van body. I have spoken with the seller, and she has to confer with her THREE sisters that its an agrreable price. Hell, I don't know one woman that can make up their mind, Let alone 4! I am never going to get this truck. Will let you guys know how things progress.

gimpyrobb

So the first offer Was rejected. I have made another offer and am waiting to hear back. The body is in realy good condition and the truck has few miles. I will be test driving it this week. If you guys haven't road tested a vehicle but know the body is good with few miles on it, Where would you stop offering more money? I will feel alot better once I get it up and running. Also, are there any TM dealing with just the 109? Thanks in advance.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not meaning to be stupid, but if you don't mind me asking, what are you considering ' as a low ball' offer?

You may be offering WAY TOO MUCH. OR NOT ENOUGH.

The deuce is an awesome truck that will do most everything you ask of it. And with that shop van body on it, it will be a great camper type vehicle. Or just a portable shop. OR whatever you think it can be.

Good luck about your subdivision. Is there any way you can modify your fence in your back yard? If so, you could park it there and generally they have 'less control' on what you park in your back yard. Buy a large green or grey tarp and cover it. The City of Denver and I finally just agreed to disagree. They keep sending me 'administrative fee' tickets, which I mark 'Return To Sender'. I had to send three letters back before they got the idea that I'm not playing their game anymore. Legally there's not much they can do. And they are good for comic relief if you look at it in the correct light...

Good luck. POST THE PIX.

jim

Gimp,

If you want some reading material . . . . . :)

Go to the tech manuals section and look for the “TM 9-2320-209-**” and the “TM 9-2320-361-**” series manuals. (I believe the –209- series is older and includes gas engines, and the later –361- is only for multi-fuel.)

Start with the ones ending in –10, that is the operator manual. –20 is the “easy” maintenance, and –34 is the heavy repairs. (yea, I know, that was a very overly simplified explanation :wink: )

These cover the M35 style, which includes the M109 shop van(as well as cargos, dumps, wreckers, tractors, etc.) I’m not aware of any specific manuals that cover ONLY the 109.

I have a few of the hard copy manuals here that you are welcome to drop by and borrow, if you would rather flip paper pages instead of pushing the mouse.

gimpyrobb

I know I am offering a low price. I just less than a month ago decided to look around. Then last week I saw an ad. It happens to be 7 min from my door. I just wasn't this ready, and can hardly eat.

Gimp,

Don’t get me wrong. Given the all of the details of this particular situation, I think you started out appropriately. IMHO, If you get it for what you are offering, than you will have done very well.

Everyone hates to make an offer which then the seller accepts right away. . . . you start wondering to yourself, . . . would they have taken less?????? aua

gimpyrobb said:
I just wasn't this ready, and can hardly eat.
Eat? You don't need to eat. When you get hungry, just go out and sit in your truck. :wink:

gimpyrobb

I'd like to give a big thank you to Jeff. I went over to test drive the m109 on Sat. morning. Jeff offered to tag along. He made getting the thing running and stopping so easy! It always helps to have someone who knows more than you along. There might have been one other guy looking at the truck this weekend, if he doesn't make an offer higher than mine, I'm good to go. I will hear on Mon what the verdict is. Wish me luck!

westfolk

gimpy,
I have window assemblies and blackout panles if you need them. I have a few sets of steps(ladder) also. Shoot, now that I think of it.....I have one box(shop body) that has the original heater unit in the front. Let me know if you need something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks