• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pointers

gimpyrobb said:
I'd like to give a big thank you to Jeff. I went over to test drive the m109 on Sat. morning. Jeff offered to tag along. He made getting the thing running and stopping so easy! It always helps to have someone who knows more than you along.
Gimp,

I was glad to go along. It was fun getting it going. I guess I should share your "thanks" with the members here. Most of what I know was learned by reading here. Besides, if I was really smart, I would have warned you about that "black spit" that comes out of the exhaust stack on start-up :wink:

And that "garden-sprayer brake bleeder" has performed perfectly again. That thing is awesome. Thanks Kenny.

You better call your insurance agent and make a stop at the DMV for tags so we can add that thing to the parade next Sunday.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
My agent was notified on Friday. I'll have alot of painting and wire troubleshooting to do by then. Thats if I don't go help Oilcan get his from Bigmech. I knew the exhaust spit at start up, I just had my mind on other things. Its killing me waiting till tomarrow.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So if you are already planning insurance and a parade, did you get it? I missed the part saying you did. If so can you bring in by Cleves next August? Good luck! BTW, that would make an excellent camper and tow vehicle for Haspin next year.

gimpyrobb

I will know today or tomarrow. I have found it better if I notify my agent before I get a new truck rather than after. It doesn't hurt to be posative!

oilcan

My agent says I'm covered as long as I let them know about it "within a reasonable amount of time" after I get it. I like to have paperwork for that kind of stuff, though.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have three in my family and I have challenged them to one night without yelling and have not had a winning night yet. The funny thing is my two boys and I have no real issue with this although we do box a little now and then

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto on the girl thing! Got 3 here. They fight over the air they breathe! gimpyrobb, good luck on the insurance thing. Who are you using?

gimpyrobb

State Farm. Historic tags, 88 bucks a year full coverage for the m725. She said it would be the same for the m109a3, I said REALLY!? She said why,its the same truck right? (both 67 Kaisers) I told her I'd drive it in. HAHA can't wait to see the look on her face.

gimpyrobb

I am supposed to hear back by tonight at the latest, I'm sure it will go right down to the wire. I REALLY appreciate all the support guys, thanks, and have a good one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks