• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Polaris MRZR-D4

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why dont one of you start a part to part number list, here in this thread?
That would be a good idea since these are just starting in our world. It could be like the 5t spread sheets Simp did, for now, and maybe after it has become more popular, stick it in the ATV/UTV forum.

DaveSC

View attachment 916479

Front Shock Walker 7044788
Rear Shock Walker 7044790

$900 each from vendor, $600 each on Ebay

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 916479

Front Shock Walker 7044788
Rear Shock Walker 7044790

$900 each from vendor, $600 each on Ebay
And they work like crap. See the top spring? See how it is compressed all the way? It aint supposed to be like that, but, from the factory, they are adjusted like that. Does your car have suspension on it now? If so, find a place by you that does off rod shocks, pull them off and have them re sprung and re valved. Day and night difference and it should only cost around &1500 to get it done. When you get them back, you'll see that the top spring isn't compressed, it can then do it's job.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And, looking at the pic of the front suspension, the A arms do look to be the same as the civi ones. Measure the diameter of it as well as the diameter and length of the radius rods. And the size socket needed to remove the bolts for the radius rod bolts at the frame pivot. Two sizes were made.

While you are at it, measure the frame tube diameter in the area where your VIN is stamped.

DaveSC

And they work like crap. See the top spring? See how it is compressed all the way? It aint supposed to be like that, but, from the factory, they are adjusted like that. Does your car have suspension on it now? If so, find a place by you that does off rod shocks, pull them off and have them re sprung and re valved. Day and night difference and it should only cost around &1500 to get it done. When you get them back, you'll see that the top spring isn't compressed, it can then do it's job.
Yeah, I see it. That's really weird. The for sale shock pic on the Walker site shows that top threaded ring only half way down the threads. The pic I posted shows that ring all the way down fully compressing the top spring. I'll call Walker and ask them about it. Hopefully there is some good reason why Polaris has that top spring fully compressed. It would be nice if we could clean the threads and just unscrew it back to half way. There are several weapons systems (like missiles, TOW, Stinger, etc.) being used in Europe. Get catch, and Thanks!!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I see it. That's really weird. The for sale shock pic on the Walker site shows that top threaded ring only half way down the threads. The pic I posted shows that ring all the way down fully compressing the top spring. I'll call Walker and ask them about it. Hopefully there is some good reason why Polaris has that top spring fully compressed. It would be nice if we could clean the threads and just unscrew it back to half way. There are several weapons systems (like missiles, TOW, Stinger, etc.) being used in Europe. Get catch, and Thanks!!
It is like that because the things, in stock form, are enough to get t he car out the door. Don't buy new, they will be the same, just valve and spring them. My car went form harsh riding, bottoming over the smallest bumps to being able to cruise at 60 over 24 inch ruts.

The riding in your neck o the woods is much different than out my way, but, the suspension mods were the best thing I ever did.

Get those measurements and I'll compare to my stuff. I will almost guarantee that the joints on the radius rods are shot and, if it has been ridden hard, the lower A arms are either bent or cracked. If they are the same, IMHO, the stuff from Super ATV are great quality. Get the high clearance lower radius rods and A-Arms if your stuff is damaged/worn out. Make sure you service the final drive and the on demand front end. Lack of love on those items make their lifespan short.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
2004 ATV parts manual isn't going to help for a 2017-2022 MRZR side by side. Over 500 of the MRZR were made. Do we have 500 M35?
Yes, and then some. There were 150~200k vehicles produced of the variant. That's just the 2.5 ton variant. Not the various versions of 5 tons.

Please stop commenting on this thread. None of your comments have been any help. USMC vehicle, not Army.
Not sure if you were aware, but Guy is also a part of the moderation staff here that you reported this post to. I believe the point he's trying to make is the scarcity of these vehicles and their information would be very welcomed for ANY sort of information we can gather. It'll help others in your same situation if we can construct a repository here for everyone to use. Throughout the years, members have shared civilian part numbers and other retrofits that help keep these vehicles going. That's the entire mission of this site.

The only information I don't allow here are things that are in a restricted classification. DoD and others have reached out to me directly over these.

DaveSC

Yes, and then some. There were 150~200k vehicles produced of the variant. That's just the 2.5 ton variant. Not the various versions of 5 tons.

Not sure if you were aware, but Guy is also a part of the moderation staff here that you reported this post to. I believe the point he's trying to make is the scarcity of these vehicles and their information would be very welcomed for ANY sort of information we can gather. It'll help others in your same situation if we can construct a repository here for everyone to use. Throughout the years, members have shared civilian part numbers and other retrofits that help keep these vehicles going. That's the entire mission of this site.

The only information I don't allow here are things that are in a restricted classification. DoD and others have reached out to me directly over these.
I know he is a mod. I am a mod on a cabin forum and was a mod on the Polaris forum (over 20 of us to handle that crowd). I solved a Polaris 850XP problem with the factory members where the crankcase tube was sucking oil into the air filter when Polaris customer service failed and the dealer network failed, by using SQL to query the Polaris forum database to find members in the zip code of the factory. I have a BS and MS degrees and my first tour in the Army was as a mechanic. I and others ARE creating a source of information here. Guy's posts have not been helpful. If a mod cannot help, he should get out of the way.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Understood, I've rejected the report as there's not much else to be done here. Best of luck on your search for information. I hope you'll share any findings here. We will likewise share any documentation that we find.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Davesc, have you found any helpful information on these machines? I just won one and am in the process of transporting from GA. Any information you share will be appreciated.

Kdeen

Hey all, new member here, I joined because I just took possession of a 2017 MRZR-D4. I'm currently running down info on this bad boy and will share whatever I find, this thread looks like the best place to post, let me know if I should post elsewhere.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all, new member here, I joined because I just took possession of a 2017 MRZR-D4. I'm currently running down info on this bad boy and will share whatever I find, this thread looks like the best place to post, let me know if I should post elsewhere.
Nice, did you pick it up already? I just ordered yesterday the service manual (yes polaris sells them) and suppose to receive it on saturday. I am still waiting for my EUC to be released. Uffff, i am eager to have it already.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice, did you pick it up already? I just ordered yesterday the service manual (yes polaris sells them) and suppose to receive it on saturday. I am still waiting for my EUC to be released. Uffff, i am eager to have it already.
And if you want to help others - you could send us the book when you are done - and I can scan and OCR it to post here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks