• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Polaris MV850

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google has a good chunk of info with the search "Polaris MV850"

Specs are available and more...............

Good luck and ENJOY if you purchase.....................keep the pics coming!!

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a lot of information on it but haven't seen one for sale or anyone that owns one. Seems a little odd to me that there are apparently not a lot these things floating around.
I can't even figure out what year this is. I do know that it doesn't have a key, like other MV's. I can't find a data plate, VIN or manufacturers tag without taking panels off of it.

dougco1

I found a lot of information on it but haven't seen one for sale or anyone that owns one. Seems a little odd to me that there are apparently not a lot these things floating around.
I can't even figure out what year this is. I do know that it doesn't have a key, like other MV's. I can't find a data plate, VIN or manufacturers tag without taking panels off of it.
California just surplused a few dozen those on gsaxcess.gov three weeks back. They got snapped up almost instantly by other federal entities. How are you getting a chance of purchasing one without going through a public auction?

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a connection with an agency that allows me to get stuff like this. I did find a manufacturer sticker, its a 2012 model. I went ahead and bought it. I'll post some more pics later.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will have fun with it. The trick to polaris with there drive belts is to know when to put it in low range. This will keep from glazing the belt or burning one up. Sometimes I get pretty far from camp by myself so I carry an extra belt, the clutch tool and some side cutters ( wire cutters). The side cutters are for the belts that have wire / rubber belt as if you burn one up you need the wire cutters to remove all the strands that wind up on the clutch. I have not had a problem with water in the belt housing but I do carry tools plus a quarter my pocket. The quarter is my quick and easy way to remove the little red plug from the belt housing and drain out the water if it happens.

Last edited:

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got the ATV back from the mechanic.
Dropped about $600 on new filters, hoses, belts, etc. She seems to run great. Haven't really tested it out yet but I'm pretty happy with the results. Does anyone know the designed purpose for these particular types of racks? Is the bar up front a type of roll bar? These are pretty sturdy racks. I'm sure they have a particular purpose.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Believe the roll bar and rack to protect high dollar equipment. Last time I check the human body was only worth 78 cents of use full chemicals and minerals.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finding the military accessories is hard. I have the spare tire carriers off a Polaris MRZR which is the side by side version if you want/

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, long story short on this one, thtrev2001, who's real name is David Akin, has apparently scammed me out of nearly six grand on this deal after paying him in full, then claiming the bike had been stolen. (it may have been, but that's not my problem). He communicated well with me at fist and refunded a couple thousand of the $8500 paid, then disappeared and stopped responding to my calls and texts. Its been a couple of years and I've done my best to work with him but enough is enough so I'm calling him out publicly. Beware of dealing with him.

dougco1

So, long story short on this one, thtrev2001, who's real name is David Akin, has apparently scammed me out of nearly six grand on this deal after paying him in full, then claiming the bike had been stolen. (it may have been, but that's not my problem). He communicated well with me at fist and refunded a couple thousand of the $8500 paid, then disappeared and stopped responding to my calls and texts. Its been a couple of years and I've done my best to work with him but enough is enough so I'm calling him out publicly. Beware of dealing with him.
Sorry for your lose.
I was still wondering how he got ahold of the MV850 in the first place. His actual comment when I questioned it was "I have a connection with an agency that allows me to get stuff like this"
The government was not selling/surplusing them directly to the public back in June 2019.
Just wondering if he/they got caught and he had to give it back to the agency connection or Government entity he was dealing with?
Maybe you can check with the local boy scouts he was connected with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks