• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

polarizing Generator

M60 tanker

I have a 100 amp generator setup on my M38A1 jeep. With the help here I have the wiring diagram and the wiring repaired but still not charging. Do I need to polarized the generator.

DeetFreek

I have a 100 amp generator setup on my M38A1 jeep. With the help here I have the wiring diagram and the wiring repaired but still not charging. Do I need to polarized the generator.
Go back to your thread about wiring, find the picture I posted and go through the process that Wes describes to find out if it's the gennie or reg not allowing a charge. That should at least get you headed in the right direction. I'm still sitting on a charging issue...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recall that the 100 amp system is a three phase alternating current alternator that feeds a rectifier that converts the AC to DC. Polarizing generators is a DC generator thing which is not applicable to alternators.

DeetFreek

Recall that the 100 amp system is a three phase alternating current alternator that feeds a rectifier that converts the AC to DC. Polarizing generators is a DC generator thing which is not applicable to alternators.
So do I need to retract? I was under the assumption that the charging system would remain constant throughout, but in light of your post, I would seem to be quite wrong lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks