• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Police car spotlight on a Deuce

I searched a bunch of different variations of the title but nothing came up.

Has anyone installed a police style hand controlled spotlight on their Deuce? I have seen them on fire engines but was wondering if anyone has one installed in their hardtop/windshield frame or something.

steelandcanvas

Didn't do one of those Cop, Fire Truck, Cabbie spotlights, but I did do this. I chose this spotlight and install so I could shine the light anywhere I wanted to on the truck. Shines real nice into the engine compartment for those pesky nighttime breakdowns.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just get one from a wrecker or bridge truck and mount it where you want.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember right the first one is from a 10 ton, the 2nd is off a fire truck. They are the same lights as the easier to find bridge trucks and wrecker lights. Just the mount is different.

An M725 has that style. I have a slightly crunched one if you can't find one close to you.
Thanks Gimp, Thats the one that goes up through the center of the roof right?

I probably wont have a problem finding one, I was thinking of buying a new one and painting it OD. I may try to mount it at a 45* through the windshield frame like this one I just found.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The red thing in line with the driver's face? Good luck. I am not saying it can not be done, but have you looked at the metal in that area? I know the windows leak and another source of water blowing in your face will be no big deal, but that will also promote rust inside there.

I'd look for elsewhere to mount it.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found one on Ebay with the flat perpendicular mount, meant to go through the roof. Don't have it mounted yet. Have one on my M211. I think the best universal place to mount them is in the center of the cab roof, about 10 to 12" back from the wind shield. When its placed there, the driver can operate it, and it will shine on either side of the truck. Even backwards. They are really handy, if you are out working at night. If you get one, and have to change the bulb to 24V, consider using an aircraft landing light. I think they shine just as far as the spot, but have a little larger pattern

Also, have a regular flood light mounted on each mirror, shining backwards. Invaluable at night!

Unforgiven

I ran two Unity Company "police" lights on an old Landcruiser. Mounts on the side of the windshield just like the po-po. Might require a bulb change for 24V.

330a-0002-lg_thumbnail.gif

website here:
Home Page

jasonjc

Look for a pic of the 530B fire truck they had them in the windsheld. But there may be a reason they moved them to the roof for the 530C's.?.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks