• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Political Messages on your MV

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But lets get back to the original subject...messages on trucks. No matter which side of any argument you are on, its your truck. You can choose not to display anything and keep your MV 100% military. Or you can use your rights and display your feelings, whatever they may be.

Jim
Thanks for realigning this thread. However, I do like the carbon foot print messages.

N1265

I see it like this, The Supreme court has said it is ok to burn the American flag as freedom of speech, the police are even obligated to protect war protesters in the vicinity of military funerals who deliberately throw the flag on the ground and walk on it , And nothing pis*** me off more than the thought of this.

I am a veteran,
I am proud,
I make no apologies for my ideas or political view,
I will say what I want, whenever I want,
I was willing to fight for it then, I am willing to fight for it now !

I will come in peace, and I will leave in peace, But if you think I will remain silent because I am concerned about hurting your feelings then you are fruitier than fruit loops !

I will not cram my Ideas or Views down your throat , But I do not think that driving around with a sign on my truck ( military or otherwise, big or small ) constitutes forcing my ideas onto you, Like the above mentioned ideas of " freedom of speech " were forced onto me !

And this is my opinion about putting signs on a MV.....

roscoe

My instinct says…leave this alone, but I just can’t. We both share a wonderful hobby and I think we probably agree on more than a few things. I like my internal combustion conveyances. I don’t like that there isn't a Barstow to Vegas Motocross race anymore, but perhaps we should move on past 4th grade science. First,( depending on your religious beliefs) all matter was created in the big bang, so technically we are all billions of years old. In one way we are as old as the current configuration of that matter but that matter was created in the big bang, changed over time to different atomic elements and became you and I. Yes Carbon, Carbon-dioxide existed before we took our first breaths(**** without carbon we wouldn’t be here). However new carbon-dioxide is produced every day, I’m producing it sitting at my computer as I type this, my car is going to burn hydro-carbons and produce more as well on my commute home. The current argument is that taking (b/m)illions of tons of carbon that has been sequestered for millions of years and releasing it into the atmosphere without a way to remove it is an inherently bad thing for the global environment. I think that there is evidence pointing in that direction.

Does that mean you should scrap your truck...no.

We just need to work on this problem for a solution.
Thanks, I was starting to get a little concerned.:grin:

number9

We only put things about the troops on our trucks, such as the yellow ribbon, "Support our Troops", or my favorite "Please stand behind our troops...or feel free to stand in front of them".

I wouldn't put anything political on the truck. While I feel strongly on some issues, it is not worth getting our trucks vandalized or getting the hobby associated with one issue or another.

You got a pic of that? I'd love to see it - and prob have one myself.

emr

A poiliticl point is a personal feeling, these trucks represent alot more to, to many to lower them to a political message. Unless u do not feel the meaning of these trucks is to remember and honor those who used them,Remember They come from both sides of the political isle.I truly and firmly believe that would and does lower the Honor factor of these trucks, When people see them ALL i have ever seen Old and young get all Patriotic, that is a good way to remove alot of people from those feelings just because someone wants to tick off people who do not belive the same as them, THAT is what these vehicles represent ! A melting of ALL...AND above ALL tolerance, There is no place for such stuff in this hobby I feel most will agree with that,But there are always a few who need the feeling of ruffling others, that to me is sad...Randy

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the OP asked for opinions, here's mine.

There are lots of things I have a right to do and don't, out of consideration for others.

I never pull out in front of an overtaking vehicle to pass a slower vehicle in front of me, it forces the overtaking vehicle to slow down and is inconsiderate, and causes them to waste fuel and momentum.

I never put stickers with my opinions about anything on my vehicles as I don't enjoy being in traffic and having other motorist's opinions in my face.

Consider this - it is unlikely that advertising my opinions or beliefs about anything on my vehicle will change any other person's opinion to match mine.

Yes, I can, but I don't.

Stalwart

I was going to put my "##########" sticker on the HEMTT and then realized I'd then have to put a license plate on it, showing it wasn't military . . . never mind, the sticker will go on my pickup.

Last edited:

AZDeuce

I know.....everybody has an opinion, and here goes mine. N1265s response, is the best I read and fit's my attitude on this topic 100%, but I would like to add one point.

My Deuce is currently stenciled in Marine Corps markings, and for that reason alone I will not put ANY political bumper stickers on my truck. I would not want to bring slander against MY Marine Corps!

HOWEVER........if I were to repaint my truck, either OD, tan, or camo, and not put any branch of the service markings on it, then I would have no problem putting my opinions via bumper stickers on it.

But while it's painted to represent a specific branch of the service, I will not use it as my personal billboard, out of respect to that service which it represents.

This alone is MY opinion.......but I'm sticking to it!

emr

I was going to put my "Obummer" sticker on the HEMTT and then realized I'd then have to put a license plate on it, showing it wasn't military . . . never mind, the sticker will go on my pickup.
Sometimes im slow, I read your post a second time and got it...Obummer, And I LIKE IT, But all is true, as for the respect of a marked or for me and some others an umarked vehicle it also would be a no go...But..., it is a good thread...Patriotism speaks loudest on these trucks in My Eyes...and it should stay that way...

mooresM35A2

you gonna be driving your M35, and that liberace in the prius behind you is gonna see your sign, and get mad and ram you to teach you a lesson.
prius vs. duece? that prius is gonna look like a smashed beer can lol the guy drivin the prius is gonna be sorry :p
as for my personal opinion on the matter: its your truck so you should put what ever you want on it, my 3/4 ton chevy has a sticker that says "welcome to America now speak english"

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
My first post in this thread was evidently well received by the "thanks" it received and I hope this one is to.
Having said that, I stand prepared to be blasted for my somewhat outdated opinion:

Military Vehicles have no place in political, religious or personal opinions...they are simply tools used by the finest fighting forces on the planet. These vehicles represent the spirit of those forces and the American determination and patriotism.

Some have come to think of military vehicles as "toys" and "billboards.
Maybe the vehicle adds some type of "strength" to their opinion posted (in their opinion) even when that opinion seems tacky and maybe even wrong to some of us.

I strongly disagree with posting slogans, opinions or party affiliations on a military vehicle which do not directly relate to patriotism.
I strongly agree with using our MV's in support of good causes and posting signs and banners etc., in support of patriotic functions to include any worthwhile causes like Blood Drives, Toys for Tots etc.,...you get the picture:?:

Do you have the right to post ANYTHING you want on your MV?? I guess you do.

I would however ask that you remember how you got that right and maintain that right even today.
It was through the blood, sweat, tears and yes...even the deaths of countless men and women who used those very trucks to give you the right to desecrate them at will.

Even an old battered, rusted barely running MV used out on the farm is still serving it's country...even if modified to suit a specific need.

I guess it just comes down to a matter of taste, but I gotta tell you, when I see signs, slogans etc., on an MV that doesn't in some way bring recognition even honor to our nation, Armed Forces or a good cause...it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

"Good taste" is what I am asking for and I know everyone's is different...but please just consider the mission of the MV and let her continue to accomplish it:-D
:deadhorse::rant::soapbox:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks