• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poor mans WMO filter setup.

Jimma

Duda diesel in Alabama is a good source for filter bags. Look them up on google. They are fast shippers, very reasonably priced and also have the screen filters to set on the top of a 55 gal drum or 5 gal bcket. The screens are plastic and inter lock and you can go from a 200 to a 75 micron and get all the big stuff out real fast then filter through the bag. This prevents slower filtering and clogging up the filter bags as fast. Thats what I do. Also I heat my oil about 4-5 gal at a time to make it thinner and then filter it. I heat it on a propane burner. Having the oil warm speeds the filter process.

grayw0lf

I think the best way to go is to let it all settle for a good while. The antifreeze will stay mixed w/ the water & should settle to the bottom. I either pump or pour the oil into my heating barrel (55g drum w/ a 1" NPT fitting housing an old hot water element). From there, all the water is boiled off. Then it let it cool overnight (it settles again) & filter from there. My drain valve on the heating barrel is 1/4 the way up from the bottom to avoid sediment. I use progressively finer filters to avoid clogging things up all at once.

I am running WVO, but the concept/process is the same, if not simpler w/ WMO, as its much cleaner to begin with.

One of these days I'll get a few pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks