• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Popping Sound when pressing glow plug switch ... no cranking

Chevybrit

Ok so i'd been working extensively repairing a wiring fault with the 1009 for two days with the radio on and lights on off on off whilst diagnosing the problems ... finished up went to crank it up and when i held the glow switch on it made a popping sound and the dash lights dimmed .. it began to crank but stopped.
Figured the battery was low due to all the messing around and the light bar had also been on.

Q. could the glow plug have a fault and drained the battery ??

hadnt noticed the popping sound before?

batteries reading 11.3V so its low and they seem to be connected +to + so has this been converted to just a 12v start up??

currently charging the batteries with a trickle charger .. batts still wired up on the CUCv

Thanks Guys

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All good ... just jumped it off my other truck ... just think the battery was low
A lot can go wrong trying to start these with low battery's.
Search the threads and you will see.

A battery as low as yours I would have fully charged first before anything else.
It will take a long time running the engine to get it back up to full charge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks