• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Portable duct heater question

BMS07

I have a 250,000 btu portable duct heater. It has a chrysler outboard corp motor on it. Does anybody know where I can get a new carb or a carb parts. Thanks Brad

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a TM ?

Often a Google search for the part number helps find parts.

jatonka

Any one who sells Wacker jumping jack tampers for excavation backfilling can probably get you a carb and other engine parts. those motors were used on lots of industrial stuff through the 50s and 60s, and some into the 70s. JT

Saturn surplus has the carbs... for ($72.50 IIRC) But Ethanol in the cas swells up the float. The Model of the Engine is 1A08 (same carb for the 2A016 & 4A032) People have modified a brass float to work in it as well.

coyote62ny

its easyier to just coat the origanl float . i have done this on 9 of these engines with no problems. the gas tank sealer i used was from lee w. pedersen 78 taft ave Lynbrook ny. 11563 a quart costs 39.75 pint 32.75 i used this because i had some left from another project. i put on 6 light coats letting it dry over night between coats after last coat i let it dry for a week and havent had any more swollen floats. someone else posted the same thing but he used a epoxy sealer the epoxy sealer does not need as much drying time . hope this helps you