• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Portsmouth, Va to Bridgeton,NJ

micochico

I bought a non running, flat tired M4K forklift in Portsmouth and am looking for quotes on loadout and shipping to NJ, 08302. I think its a little heavy 10500lb for my little truck and it is a little farther away than I want to run the M920. Invoice paid and ready for loadout 5/2/13. If anyone would like to quote this load shoot me a PM or if anyone knows a decent towing company that does GL pickups at Portsmouth shoot me a PM. Thanks Tom

BigWill1985

I live about 15 mins from Portsmouth, but I'm deployed right now. I could maybe make the trip around mid June if that would work. It wouldn't take me much to make that run. I could pull it on my car trailer with my pickup (2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax). If you need someone to store it for you while you figure out transportation, let me know. I can have my business partner arrange to pick it up and setup somewhere safe to store it. Just shoot me a message on here, or send me an email to my ship email address (courtiwa@as39.navy.mil). Email is the most reliable method for me. I would not charge you much. Just fuel, tolls, food, and a little bit to cover operating expenses. I can figure out a quote for you if you'd like.

~Will Courtier~

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hi Micochico!,
Its 280 miles, I can do it for $800...Plus tolls in and out..I also can pickup tomorrow if you let me know soon enough....(today)..
I am in the area..
call me...or email me at :
decodeme@verizon.net
Eric- 252-312-1717

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MICOCHICO, I can't help you, but I noticed you are from Bridgeton, NJ. Did you know Joe Young? We miss him terribly. Great guy, great friend, great military vehicle resource...gone, but not forgotten.

micochico

Bruce, I guess of sort of knew Joe. He lived literally 2 miles down the road and I always knew him as the guy with the army trucks when I was a kid. I believe he had really wound down his truck collection by the time I got into military trucks. He was a real local legend and in his declining health the local newspaper detailed many of his stories(which I am sure is just the tip of the iceberg) He is definitely still fondly remembered as we have been treated to some "Vintage Joe Young" in a column in the local paper in the last 48 hours. He is surely missed locally and I know he did a phenomenal amount for the hobby as he successfully put Bridgeton on the map in the MV world. Tom

micochico

A big thank you to Eric and Brett at Surplus Transport for a job well done. They have plenty of feedback on the forums but they truly did an awesome job getting the forklift home to me during a really busy week. They kept in contact along they way and I'd gladly let them haul anything that they offered. They have the right equipment and know what there doing. Thanks again. Tom