• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Posi / spool / open rears WHY WHY WHY

Westech

CPL
When I was in MI I had to air down to 5psi. The deuce is almost unstopable in the sand. I never got suck and I even towed a truck up hill to the park gates with out a problem. Now mud is another story, tryed it once and I wont again.

spicergear

M1075 said:
Hey Spicer Gear-

Which is which in the pic with two lockers?

The Detroit Locker is the one on the LEFT that looks like stuff moves. The Mini-Spool is the other. That 100% locks both axles together so they will positively turn together with ZERO slippage at any point. No moving parts, just solid internal splines in a heat treated hunk of billet steel. It will never wear out or break. Generally considered off road only.

brgmchevy

Firestone or Akuret makes excellent traction tires in 9.00x20, 10.00x20, 11.00x20 sizes. You should be able to locate one of these at a tire dealer. The Akurets were, about $40 or more, cheaper (each) than the Firestones and they have greater tread depth. Firestones look similar to swamper tread and Akurets have hude side lugs with a wavy split center tread. Both work well offroad.

rdixiemiller

Again, let me stress that sand tires are very different from mud tires. If you run mostly in sand, look for wide, soft, radials with a non-agressive tread. Shift the weight back to lighten up the front end. Mud running is where you need the agressive treads, although the weight transfer to the rears would probably help. If you want to do both, it is more of an issue, as the tread designs are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

1ton

I can attest to the long life and durablity of airplane tires; [thumbzup] I have a JD 2755 2wd tractor that has custom made bead lock rims and airplane tire they have outlasted a set and half of rear tires. My 6400 has a very slow leak from thorn trees :banghead: , and the airplane tires don't Everyone i know around here that really uses their tractor has airplane tires, especially the guys that deal with locust trees. A company in Hays, Kansas makes them, among other things. I can't seem to remember their name at the moment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks