• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Positively identifying a M1008A1 Vehicle

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Open the map compartment(glovebox). Look at the build sheet data.

What exactly do you mean by positively identify? Are you trying to find the vin or just which model you have.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There will be at least 2 VINS on the frame. One will be obvious and one will be hidden. Not sure of the location of either but I'm sure someone here will know.

robert.ptaszek

Issue is beyond the data sheet in the glovebox

Vehicle is under investigation by me. I've got multiple markings identifying it as two different vehicles. Looked on the frame myself. Had a mechanic go over the frame and all we can find is a part number on the frame, not a VIN. Got a specific location or some other way?

GreenBull

Vehicle is under investigation by me. I've got multiple markings identifying it as two different vehicles. Looked on the frame myself. Had a mechanic go over the frame and all we can find is a part number on the frame, not a VIN. Got a specific location or some other way?
https://www.nicb.org/cps/rde/xchg/nicb/hs.xsl/index.htm

American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators

Federal Bureau of Investigation - Major Thefts and Violent Crimes

during the '80s all 10-30 Series Trucks had a portion of the vehicle identification number near the engine production code. This identification number consists of the division code, model year, assembly plant designation and vehicle build sequence number.

EXAMPLE: C C F 1 2 3 4 5 6

The 6.2L Identification label was attached to rocker cover on civilian. This number was also stamped on the right frame rail above the rear axle on '80s trucks.

If you are LE you can get the info from the links above.

papercu

If the VIN on the dash has been removed you probaby are not going to get a tag/title for it.
Even if you do, that means you would have to have all the paperwork in the truck at all times and hope the LEO would look at it and not just impound it and then figure it out later. Wayne

robert.ptaszek

Thank You SGM KennyW

SGM: Thank you for the valuable information. Partial VIN number was on the passenger side but you gave me exactly what I needed to know to keep money in a Soldier's pocket. I truly appreciate your help!