• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possable PNW Dune Trip

Josh

I was planing on going to the sand dunes one of the weekends in NOV. Was wondering if anyone else wanted to go? Ive taken my deuce to sand lake many times and other then 1-2 hills, they can go just about anywhere out there. Its about 2 hours by deuce from Portland. I normally take my cruiser with me when I go. So if ya wana go and have atvs/rails, bring 'em along. I havent set a date yet but I normally leave friday after work, come back sunday afternoon.

If there is any interest let it be heard, Id like to have some other MVs to play with there someday.

Had some ideas of seeing who can drive up a hill the furthest, or who knows.

jpekarek

Heck I would be in! I would love to get that 5 ton out there with some other people capable of helping if needed. No ATV's, but I am an awesome camp cook.

Josh

I got alot of picts from the last trip, they are just stuck on my buddies camera as he is lazy.

I think the 5ton would do great in the sand with some aired down tires.

jpekarek

I got alot of picts from the last trip, they are just stuck on my buddies camera as he is lazy.

I think the 5ton would do great in the sand with some aired down tires.
I aims to find out! I have 275 gallons of WMO, WVO and gas mixed up in a huge tank just waiting for it's turn to burn through my engine! I plan to pump 100 gallons into 2 barrels strapped into the bed and hit the road.

Josh

You wont need that much. In a 3 day trip down there, I burned threw aprox 60 gallons on the trip there and back, and playing in the dunes. I know you 5tons burn more fuel, but I dont think you need to bring 150 gallons of fuel. Maybe 1 extra drum. Besides, even with it strapped down, I'm not sure how the sherrifs will react to that much flamibale liquid bouncing around in the back iof a truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks