• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

possible 5-ton drive train in deuce?

area52

The M809 series 5 ton has a longer hood and front sheet metal to fit the longer Cummins engine.

could you fit it? yes but with a bit of work to extend everything. Just go buy a M813 and save some work.

deuce_09

i just bought a m35 running for $600, a pretty good deal but now that i got it, i cant go back,plus i think itll be more of a challenge:-D
i thought about a 5.9 cummins but idk if itll turn 53" xml's and the 5 ton axles and last long too

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMHO, I would say that it is not possible with any reasonable amount of time, effort, and money.

Alredneck

Banned
53s will live on 2.5tons fairly well unless you have the diffs welded or run lockers. The 5.9 would be a good swap and HRD ( hotrodeisel ) has already built a truck like this with locked diffs and 5.9. It seems to the point that origonality has run out on deuce builds!

Swapping a 250cummins would take some serious sheetmetal work.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swapping a 250cummins would take some serious sheetmetal work.
And, that engine weighs 2200 lbs give or take. Different suspension, better brakes and P/S would be a must. I agree with Bruce, too much time, money involved.

deloit

A 5.9 would bring a deuce to life. You could smoke the tires, if something in-between the motor and tires didn't break first.

Faster spool-up on the turbo, still have an air compressor, plenty of torque, you can even get an adapter for the spicer transmission.