• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible acquisition

kurtkds

So the last couple days have been nice so I've had some time to pressure was the cckw inside and out. Confirmed the vin # 353 truck with banjo axles. Been spraying down any thing that should move with lube to get things to move again. Next in the list is to remove what's left of the bed.

kurtkds

So there's a bit of sheet metal work to be done. Gotta pull the starter out so I can free up the start button on it and make sure it spins. All the gauges need to be replace and the brakes are still a mystery. The throttle plate on the carburetor is sized up and is currently soaking in kroil. Got the door latches working on both doors but unfortunately the top passenger side door hinge was sized up and broke loose.

ThatXJGuy

Im jealous... CCKWs are the trucks that got me interested in this hobby in the first place! Then all I get is a couple of measley 5 tons lol. I am hopefully buying a WWII 1-1/2 ton truck this week though . It looks like the same cab as the CCKW, just one rear axle.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does appear that you can get some re-manufactured parts for the CCKW family. The hunt is one of the tasks that can be a lot of fun when re-building so let us know what you're not finding or need to re-create. The pictures are fine, crooked, sideways or upside down, just appreciate you keeping this thread going. Steel Soldiers knows you can choose any airline when you decide to fly an MV thread so I'm sure we all greatly appreciate you sharing the round cab here. Simply beautiful!

I read a thread on re-building the steering wheel so I'll post the link here and tilt the monitor, ready for more pictures.
http://www.cckw.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5443

kurtkds

So after several days of soaking with penatrating oil, the trottle plate moves freely and the starter button does too. Pulled the plugs today and shot lube in the cylinders.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks