• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible axles to use????

civicnar

Here are some pics of axles that I have found and I was wondeirng if you all know anything about them as far as strength and gearing and if they are plausable to use.

OSK KOSH TRUCK CORP, P/ N: 63682RV, AUTOMOTIVE DRIVING AXLE ASSEMBLY, HYDRAULIC BRAKE DESIGN

AXLE TRANSFER, MAKE & MODEL UNKNOWN

If this one makes any sense!

US ARMY MDL UNKNOWN DIFFERENTIAL DRIVING AXLE
MRC: Requirement Name: Requirement:
ABBB SPEED ADJUSTMENTS SINGLE SPEED
BNXK AXLE TYPE FOR WHICH DESIGNED BOWL
BNXL CARRIER INCLUDED
BNXN DRIVE GEAR TYPE SPIRAL BEVEL
BNXP GEAR RATIO 6.443 TO 1
BNXQ PROPELLER SHAFT FLANGE INCLUDED
BNXR PROPELLER SHAFT YOKE NOT INCLUDED
BNXS POWER DIVIDER NOT INCLUDED
SR-5 MANUFACTURERS CODE 78500
SR-5 DESIGN CONTROL REFERENCE A 3800E473 644

Three total axles.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the last pic looks like a 900 front axle, because it has the air wedge brakes, in fact all 3 look like 900 5t front axles, thay all have the air wedge brake

civicnar

I assumed they were a little big but I am always open to new ideas. I had just seen them for sale and figured that I would ask.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why would you buy an axle that may or may not be working? For parts, yeah I see that. But for what it looks like what you want to do, I'd say its a risky venture. These axles arent new, thats for sure. When my mechanics swapped out axles, they put the bad one back in the crate the new one came in. Without inspecting them at GL, your taking a heck of a risk on something that may or may not be what you need/expect it to be. Also, if all these are in one lot, you need to take them all away, not just the ones you want.