• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

possible conversion of internal 24v accessory rail to 12v in 86 m1009?

soulbrojosh

i hope that i am not breaking any rules here. But i was wondering if there was any info on changing the rail behind the pass front seat to run 12 volts? Or can i run a new fuse block from the reducer on the firewall?:???:

cpf240

Those rear buss bars are just connected to the 24v buss bars under the hood on the firewall. If you want it to run 12v, just remove the positive cable for the rear buss bar from the positive 24v buss bar and connect it to the positive side of the front battery. I would be careful what you run off of there though, as then all the load, as well as the rest of the truck, is running off that front battery.

soulbrojosh

thanks cpf240! i hadn't thought about the fact that they would only be run to the busses under the hood. All i am really trying to run is maybe a 12 volt fan or two in the back of the truck, for air flow...wet dogs stink, and any moving air is good air....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks