• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible M1008 For Sale

MilitaryRestoration

I might be possibly selling my m1008 as project crew cab deuce is coming around the corner. It will all depend on what I can get out of the M1008, not really looking to make money off of just dont want to get rid of an excellent truck for a low price. So if you are interested let me know and make me an offer. The only thing wrong with truck is that as of right now it does not have a motor in it. Long story short I have three motors for it; one has a blown head gasket and former owner let sit too long so pistons are rust froze, second was one I put in and ended up being a bad motor and has a thrown rod, and third is a perfect condition, compression tested, just needs all the accessories off the second motor and then dropped in. For right price I'll give you all three with truck. Or however you'd like it. Truck does also have extra spring leafs in it and is sitting on hummer 37's that have almost new tread left on them. All electronics work and does drive out well, when had running motor :) I also have a bunch of parts for it including front and rear bumper, tow and shackle square tubes, extra pintle hitch, hummer bed racks as seen in photo, but even better I have full set of nos(just have sat out side prior to me buying them) troop seats actually built for m1008.

Attachments

M1075

MilitaryRestoration said:
The only thing wrong with truck is that as of right now it does not have a motor in it.
Not having a motor can be a major obstacle when buying a vehicle. To got top dollar, you should go ahead and do the install of the motor before you sell it.

MilitaryRestoration

RE: Re: Possible M1008 For Sale

must be a price difference between east coast and west coast then because a buddy of mine sells running but way worse shape for min. of 5000.00 with nothing all day long and even one of worst i seen in a while at GL went for 1600 I believe.....so I dunno ;-) I could be wrong too though...who knows

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: Possible M1008 For Sale

MilitaryRestoration said:
must be a price difference between east coast and west coast then because a buddy of mine sells running but way worse shape for min. of 5000.00 with nothing all day long and even one of worst i seen in a while at GL went for 1600 I believe.....so I dunno ;-) I could be wrong too though...who knows
See the thread "M1009 price check"... Same things apply - values are relative. A clean, stright, rust-free body with axles, trans and t-case but no engine should easily fetch $2500. The engine in and running, I would expect $4000-$4500. If you hold out, you could probably get $5K, but it depends on the market...

mcne2026

RE: Re: RE: Re: Possible M1008 For Sale

M1008's are going for between $4k and $5k in So Cal. That is with about 40k or 50k miles and clean straight body. Just saw one on CL for $4,800, but I could probably get it for closer to $4k. Has 60k miles, no rust and runs good. Civy paint job now, but it is still complete military.