• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible new M274 owner questions

Soupermike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When time allows, I am going to look at a 1969 M274 A5 that if for sale not too far from me. The seller says that it runs and he recently added electric starter to it. What parts should I make sure are not missing (as I have read that some parts are becoming very hard to find)? Anything in particular I should watch out for? I have never driven one and only have watched videos of them running.
Thanks
Mike

SgtMajHarper

When time allows, I am going to look at a 1969 M274 A5 that if for sale not too far from me. The seller says that it runs and he recently added electric starter to it. What parts should I make sure are not missing (as I have read that some parts are becoming very hard to find)? Anything in particular I should watch out for? I have never driven one and only have watched videos of them running.
Thanks
Mike
I'm no expert but betcha there are plenty on here, I've had mine @ 1 1/2 years and it was mostly complete when I got it. You can probably look back thru some of the previous posts and pictures on here to get a pretty good idea what it should look like. I would think if it starts and runs and rives right, that's probably the big majority of your concerns. It would be interesting to see where it's been parked at to see how bad it might leak or crawl underneath of it also. As far as what might be missing, some have after market seats, the side rails are all bent up and the circular cover on the deck over the gun mount is often missing. All of those things can be replaced by John Emery if need be. One thing to see if it has one or not that is kind of rare is the tow bar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks