• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible solution to the new GL deuce problem

Sevensteps

I simply contacted my US Congressman AT HIS HOME ADRESSS a week ago.

I know there are a lot of flag waving people on here that think the Federal government is by and large alright and moral and right and because "we agreed" to allow them to seize our trucks 100 years from now because of a newly banned bolt or screw, that somehow makes it OK....I do not. I think they are anal, inept and prone to ruin a situation rather than solve it.

Accordingly, a week ago when GL FIRST pulled the M35A2's from their site, I knew what was about to happen...I sent a polite yet explanatory letter to my Congressman about the complete situation including auction numbers, lot numbers and rationale.... It may do no good whatsoever, but as a former government employee, I would say it would do much better than griping on this forum to each other.

Write your letters tonight to your US rep and both of your US Senators...

greenjeepster

While I appreciate your resolve I am going to sit this out. I know from past experience that when GL is pressured they simply cancel and refund money and I still want my trucks.

papercu

That great but just couldn't help noticing that you wrote the Federal Government was " anal, inept and prone to ruin a situation rather than solve it." and then you say you were "a former government employee" are you calling yourself those names? :-D Wayne

Sevensteps

That great but just couldn't help noticing that you wrote the Federal Government was " anal, inept and prone to ruin a situation rather than solve it." and then you say you were "a former government employee" are you calling yourself those names? :-D Wayne
No, hardly......As I shook my head repeatedly while working for them, I can assure you that most are mindless government minions.....A very small minority actually think outside the box...

Chief_919

I think it is premature at this point. At this point with stuff in review the only answer they will get is that this is temporary while they review things.

When a final decision has been reached, if it is a bad one then we start the pressure.

Sevensteps

I think it is premature at this point. At this point with stuff in review the only answer they will get is that this is temporary while they review things.

When a final decision has been reached, if it is a bad one then we start the pressure.
Yeah, and then by then it's 58 days into a 60 day window...End result, auction cancelled by GL and my truck relisted and sold for double what I paid because of the new "rarity" of the trucks...

Naah...Not me...

I'd rather start this pressure at 30 days into my EUC clearing with full court press and loosen the pressure as needed.

If you wait till they give you an answer, the trucks will be relisted and you may as well get prepared to bid double what you paid last time, ( this time with no gauge cluster).

greenjeepster

Yeah, and then by then it's 58 days into a 60 day window...End result, auction cancelled by GL and my truck relisted and sold for double what I paid because of the new "rarity" of the trucks...

Naah...Not me...

I'd rather start this pressure at 30 days into my EUC clearing with full court press and loosen the pressure as needed.

If you wait till they give you an answer, the trucks will be relisted and you may as well get prepared to bid double what you paid last time, ( this time with no gauge cluster).
Um...anybody would be dumb to bid double on any of these trucks... there are dozens for sale on ebay and craigslist right now and most are not selling for squat. An m35a2 with a starting bid of 1500.00 here in KY closed on ebay today with no bids.

BugEyeBear

I have to think that your Congressman has more important things to worry about.

Afghanistan

Iraq

Iran

North Korea

Health Care

The National Debt

The Economy

Unemployment

etc. etc. etc.

You might get a polite letter in response, but I doubt much action will be taken.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have to think that your Congressman has more important things to worry about.

Afghanistan

Iraq

Iran

North Korea

Health Care

The National Debt

The Economy

Unemployment

etc. etc. etc.

You might get a polite letter in response, but I doubt much action will be taken.

I bed to differ. Our elected officials have only one worry. Raising money to stay in power.. That is the only thing on their mind. POWER and holding onto it.. When is the last time one put their career at stake by doing what was good for the people verses what was good for the party... I sure miss my buddy Dave (Armyman 30+) at times like in which we are living. i would love to hear his rant at all that is going on at GL/DRMO/DOD/POTUS.. Miss ya Dave....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks