• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possibly Forgotten Demil Items?

Hummer Guy

I finally gotten to actually cleaning out some stuff on the inside and found these 120v outlets in the back. Were these forgotten inside? I notice the wires are cut. Does anyone know what these were originally used for and do anyone have the wiring diagram to this or original picture of this? My initial plan is to install a solar panel on top and hook them up to some ecoflow batteries to have power I can use out the back, but if I can get these working, it'll provide me with even more power out the back I can use.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That inverter can handle 120v accessories?
Yes. I have one, although mine is one of the older ones. It was intended to run a lap top or something like that. I have charged my phone off of it. I also regularly use it to play music (iPod docking station). They do have a more powerful one. I was told the newer and more powerful one replaced mine.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like the truck might’ve been owned by MacGyver. I’m willing to bet money that stuff is not military.

I agree with the idea of getting an inverter. They make inverters that will put out 110 or 220 V. Depending on your equipment, you need to decide if you want true sign wave or not. True sine wave is less damaging to equipment but is also much more expensive.

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its cheap, but you need to buy longer cables. Inverters need to breath they get hot. I went with:
Power Bright 4 AWG 6ft High Amp Pure Copper Battery Cable with 5/16" and 7/16" Lugs, Professional Series 4 Gauge Wire Cables for Car Power Inverter, RV Battery, Boat, Marine and Solar Applications

FloridaAKM

I put an inverter in my Deuce mobile shop that will top out @ 4Kw with a pure sine wave, not a modified sine way. It is 120vac only, but is fed by a 8 battery bank of 165amp hour marine deep discharge batteries which are charged by the inverter if hooked to shore power or the solar array on top of the shop.

The shop was wired for 3 phase, but I just tied all phases together for 120v for the lights & power outlets.

I can run most anything I need off of it, including heat in the winter time, but as of now, there is no A/C to keep it cool. It wasn't cheap, but it was something I wanted to do for many years & now it is done.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just checked mine. It is an Exeltech XP250. It is a 250W 12V pure sine wave power inverter. Mine was made in July 1998. As I said, it is one of the older ones, although it was unused when I got it. I works very well for my purposes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks