• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post Headgasket change oilchange advice please

lino

Hey All,

I'm looking for some advice on the "best-practice" way to change oil after a headgasket change.
TM says change oil when finished - sure, but I'm looking for more details.

I was very careful when removing stuff and cleaning the block, but it's nearly inevitable that some junk fell into the lifter cavities.

So, as I see it, there are two options:
1) Run the engine for a bit with something like seafoam to help wash all that junk into the sump, then change oil (and filters)

2) Just change the oil (and filters) before I start the engine? (seems to me like junk will still be where it fell)

Did I miss an option? Also FWIW, the oil in the engine is pretty new (8 months - 1k miles)

Thanks
ciao
lino

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks