• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post up those Point of View hood shots!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coming back from a touch-a-truck event for kids in Burnet, TX on Saturday.

Looking over the hood of the M931A2 at Reloader64's M813 and Pawnshop's M1009.
In the mirror, my better half driving the M1009 with an M416, and her sister driving the M1028A2.

I chastise myself for taking pictures while driving, but do it anyway. :oops:
I don't really look at the phone when I'm taking the picture, just point in the general direction and shoot several. I usually get one that can be cropped and straightened into a decent shot.

Cheers

20221022_145014 - Copy.jpg 20221022_145008 - Copy.jpg

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking country out there, US6x4!

Funny, because I got family out there in the PNW (Seattle), but just never got on a plane yet to go take a look:

- What's the elevation there, is that high desert country (hard to tell), or are you all maybe just now going through a dry spell?
Wenatchee & East Wenatchee are divided by the Columbia River in the middle of the state. To the west is woodlands and to the east is high desert. This picture is looking to the east and at ~600' asl.

Seattle is very nice in the summer and very wet the rest of the time. The east side of the state is in a rain shadow and is mostly dry sage brush or rocky if it's not farm fields.

Another Ahab

Seattle is very nice in the summer and very wet the rest of the time. The east side of the state is in a rain shadow and is mostly dry sage brush or rocky if it's not farm fields.
My brother lived in Seattle for a year or two (got a Masters degree in Marine and Coastal Management from the University of Washington; but ended up retiring as a Captain of a Fire Department in Chatham County NC):

- He talked about the native spiders out there in Seattle who kind of thrived in the wet weather

- He said they were so big out there that at night he could hear them walking around on his walls and ceilings; their feet clicked as they walked around (don't know what kind they were)

- My brother always liked snakes, turtles, lizards and such. But he never liked spiders. Those big boys freaked him out big time!