• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

bmorrow

I didn't myself. Bought it that way. It was an ex-police vehicle so some time in its history I think a sheriffs office did everything you see

cucvrus

021.jpgToys in my yard. Crown of Thorns and the Mule. 017.jpgSome of the work I have in my yard. Mr Rusty and the Easter M1008. Jersey Indian is hiding around the corner at the work shop.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Here are some pics of some parts trucks I picked up last month:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg
After pics:

This carcass was sold for a frame swap with a plow truck
image.jpg
These two await the scrapyard:
image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
This one will stick around for a while.
image.jpg

DSCN4052.jpgMonth ago it was a m1031 cargo vehicle but put a Chevy bed on it for hauling wood etc. My son and I are hauling a small cabin in it out to the hills behind our village to replace one lost in fires this summer up here in Alaska. Pulled up some steep hills real fine. 37x14.5x16.5 tires required a fender trim but no wheel well cutting or lifting to get full turn ability and no scuffing, Stan

Another Ahab

Month ago it was a m1031 cargo vehicle but put a Chevy bed on it for hauling wood etc. My son and I are hauling a small cabin in it out to the hills behind our village to replace one lost in fires this summer up here in Alaska. Pulled up some steep hills real fine. 37x14.5x16.5 tires required a fender trim but no wheel well cutting or lifting to get full turn ability and no scuffing, Stan
Is your weather going all funny and squirelly up your way, or is it pretty much they way it's always been for you all (you know +/-)?

Last edited:

thz71

View attachment 591761Month ago it was a m1031 cargo vehicle but put a Chevy bed on it for hauling wood etc. My son and I are hauling a small cabin in it out to the hills behind our village to replace one lost in fires this summer up here in Alaska. Pulled up some steep hills real fine. 37x14.5x16.5 tires required a fender trim but no wheel well cutting or lifting to get full turn ability and no scuffing, Stan
I woulda gladly traded you haha

DSCN3747.jpg89489]Is your weather going all funny and squirelly up your way, or is it pretty much they way it's always been for you all (you know +/-)?[/QUOTE]
Driest summer and record fires in Alaska and then rain all fall and glaciering everywhere right now from all the water in ground. So starting to look like a crazy year. Not sure if I'm suppose to be talking non CUCV stuff here so here's the truck before I cut fenders and took maintenance box off to kind of make up for my bad.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Driest summer and record fires in Alaska and then rain all fall and glaciering everywhere right now from all the water in ground. So starting to look like a crazy year. Not sure if I'm suppose to be talking non CUCV stuff here so here's the truck before I cut fenders and took maintenance box off to kind of make up for my bad.
Your rig is looking good, especially situated up there in all of that rugged Alaska bush country. [thumbzup]

cucvrus

Looks good. You took a truck that had limited use to a truck that has limitless/unlimited use. Way to go. I never had any use for the maintenance truck I had either. I sold it intact to a local farmer. I was going to make a plow truck out of it and he saw it and wanted it. Looks good with the bed on and the ruggedness of that truck fits the area you are living in. Good Luck with your truck. Stay warm. Thank you for sharing the before and after. I like the after.

CUCVLOVER

View attachment 59183189489]Is your weather going all funny and squirelly up your way, or is it pretty much they way it's always been for you all (you know +/-)?
Driest summer and record fires in Alaska and then rain all fall and glaciering everywhere right now from all the water in ground. So starting to look like a crazy year. Not sure if I'm suppose to be talking non CUCV stuff here so here's the truck before I cut fenders and took maintenance box off to kind of make up for my bad.[/QUOTE]

It's ok.
What's the plane for the box? Are you going to hook the generator to a small engine ?
Or whats the plan?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks