• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

topgun217

This may not be the place to ask, and I am not trying to hijack this thread, but have any of you did a "Military Police " "Security Police" theme on any of you CUCV's?

If so please post your pic's Since I was a MWD handler in the A.F. we ended up with all sorts of different vehicles to drive from the ever un-popular K-car to a duece holding 20 k-9's and they were all marked different, beleive it or not we even had a K-9 APC at one base which had a big paw print on the back.

bardenk1

mine just got last friday drove 2 hours home. its an m1028 converted into a flatbed. its only got 20k and very little rust. i paid 2250 for it. is that a fair price?

Attachments

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mine just got last friday drove 2 hours home. its an m1028 converted into a flatbed. its only got 20k and very little rust. i paid 2250 for it. is that a fair price?
He was asking 3250, Broomall, on Craigslist, right?
Good deal whether it needs electrical work or not.
Why are you selling it already?

hmsgoodhope

Pictures of my M1008 at start of restoration. Seats, frame, and rails off already. Truck runs good (it should after I replaced and pulled everything I could – belts hoses, redid breaks, flushed all lines, new heater core, all filters). She only has 49K on her when I picked her up at Ft. Meade last Nov. I am looking for new panels and tailgate to use for repainting. I also want to add 4 antenna (mounts and brush guards) for scanner, CB, and Ham rigs. I will be looking for aid/advice from members on authentic looking antennas and radio mounts for cab (Yes I know radios went in back in original setup). I will most likely paint rig in CARC-like OD with all appropriate markings - have not decided on tires yet - she will most likely be an occasional use truck (not for heavy off road use). I will post more as work proceeds throughout summer. Any help on sourcing new doors, new panels, and new tailgate for delivery ton MD/VA would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Iceman3005

Here's mine, they have a couple of dents, 99% rust free. Why do they always hit the doors? What is up with the white paint? would like too get all the dents and rust fixed this summer and have them painted, also put a lift on them. going too install 700r4 in both (got both trans for free). have had them both for about a year, best investment I ever did!

Attachments

hmsgoodhope

Nice pics - Thanks! How did you make out on interior? Mine was really good - seat and dash in really good shape. Looks like you got lucky on tailgates they both look good.

Cheers!:beer:

Milkman357

Stuck

I LOVE MUD, I like to get it in every nook and cranny..!

I actually had a colony of ants inhabit my truck... They did not like My washing the their mud house from my CUCV.

I must have picked them up while muddin, because I've never seen them around my house...?!?

Attachments