• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

2HIJOS2126

Before and after...

Here are a few pics of my M1028 when I first purchased it and how it sits now...

Attachments

K9Vic

Lights, you want to see some lights on a CUCV! I pretty much will never out run my light output and on the darkest night I can see for a long distance.

Front
6 Rigid Dually LEDs: Spot, flood and amber flood. (One is missing as it is off due to warranty repair).
4 100watt halogen ProComp lights.
2 Par 36 back up LED style lights (Not very bright)

Rear
1 Whelen Par36 aircraft landing light (Super bright)
2 PAR 36 white LEDs (Emergency vehicle type set to steady burn for back up use).

Planned, set of LED flood/work lights for the side on the CARR roof rack.

Attachments

2HIJOS2126

Lights, you want to see some lights on a CUCV! I pretty much will never out run my light output and on the darkest night I can see for a long distance.

Front
6 Rigid Dually LEDs: Spot, flood and amber flood. (One is missing as it is off due to warranty repair).
4 100watt halogen ProComp lights.
2 Par 36 back up LED style lights (Not very bright)

Rear
1 Whelen Par36 aircraft landing light (Super bright)
2 PAR 36 white LEDs (Emergency vehicle type set to steady burn for back up use).

Planned, set of LED flood/work lights for the side on the CARR roof rack.

Im diggin your setup... Very very nice...

PETE BALLARD

lights, you want to see some lights on a cucv! I pretty much will never out run my light output and on the darkest night i can see for a long distance.

Front
6 rigid dually leds: Spot, flood and amber flood. (one is missing as it is off due to warranty repair).
4 100watt halogen procomp lights.
2 par 36 back up led style lights (not very bright)

rear
1 whelen par36 aircraft landing light (super bright)
2 par 36 white leds (emergency vehicle type set to steady burn for back up use).

Planned, set of led flood/work lights for the side on the carr roof rack.

good thing your vehicle has the electric system it has - you'd be hard pressed to get all those lights burning on a civilian truck

K9Vic

good thing your vehicle has the electric system it has - you'd be hard pressed to get all those lights burning on a civilian truck
All the LED turned on are about equal to one of the four 100watt halogen light. The only major load on the system is when I turn on the four 100watt halogen lights at about 40 amps. The only risk of unequal charging is if I have those halogens on, but I rarely use them as the Rigid are just as good with only 5.80 amp draw with all 6 on.

Pawnshop

I was traveling southbound in the left lane (of two) with a green light at about 40 mph, next to a stopped lane of left turners with a red light, Dodge was traveling northbound in the same fashion and made an unprotected left right into me. One northbound left turn lane (of two) was being coned off for re paving and I assume he thought that left turns would be made from the main lanes due to that. His left turn traffic signal was red. That intersection, 183 @ 1431 handles a LOT of traffic and the left turns are ALL protected and tightly controlled.

The really krappy thing is that the ONLY reason I was in the intersection in the first place was because I needed to do some grocery shopping and Austin installed a "single use" bag ban so I went to Cedar Park to shop. Because I refuse to provide my own shopping bags at a grocery store...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks