• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Posting in Wrong Forum?

68t

There were 15,618 ww2 us army semi-tactical 5ton 4x2 coe trucks build, The trucks were build by international harvester. I own one of these trucks, also i am a friend of one of the ww2 veteran who drove them in the war.

captain-crank

It is just up to us mods. I am supposed to go in and check to make sure that this doesn't happen. I just forget sometimes and usually go in and move a whole mess of the ones that got put in the wrong place at one time.
Wouldn't an attempted fix be better than that time waster?

captain-crank

just a quiz, how many 5 tons were there in WW2? I know. he he he...
In addition to 68t's numbers........

Autocar U7144T and White 444T's were classed as 4-5 ton, the Autocar U8144T was classed as a 5-6 ton.

So I guess technically both would apply to your question. Anyway, here's some numbers.

Autocar/White production numbers:

7144 ..................... 11,104
444 ....................... 2751
8144 ..................... 2711
8144 van body ........607

Total......................~17,173

There were also a few wreckers built for the Army Air Corps and one experimental dump truck.

68427vette

I'm with captain crank,, the whole WWII section is ALL goofed up.
please try to fix,, I know crank and I are in about 3-5 foreums,, and would love to help this site grow. between crank and myself, i think we have ALL the WWII trucks.. at least the cool ones!!! lol.

add a few more TOPIC sections,(IN OTHER SECTIONS M SERIES), this 5 ton and larger wwi wwii SECTION IS ALL WRONG..

CRANK,, WHAT SHOULD BE ADDED FOR THE wwi wwii SECTION-- HEADERS(TOPICS) :

WWI SECTION-ALL
WWII DODGE -GORDON SITE COVERS THIS PUT LINK
VC
WC 1/2 TON
WC 3/4 - 1.5 TON

WWII CHEVY/ GMC -ALL -ADD LINKS TO OTHER FORUMS
SINGLE AXLE- M6 CHEVY BOMB ETC
DOUBLE AXLE,

WWII 4-5 TON
COE S!!!!

WWII 5 TON AND UP

WWII WRECKERS ALL

SAVE THE JEEP STUFF FOR THE G503.COM

jc -68427vette

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'll see about adding some new categories for you guys, but in the meantime I changed the name of the forum to "WWI & II 5-ton and Larger" to keep the M-series guys in their own forum :D