• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Posting to Classifieds trouble

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never had any problems posting to the classifieds until today, I type up my ad, added pics and when I submit new ad it goes to the screen where I can usually see my new ad but there is nothing there. It's not telling me I don't have privileges it's just blank. I checked my premium membership status and it is current, I do have enough posts, and I honestly have not seen any messages telling me I can't post. I re-started my computer and tried again without pics and I get the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can reply to an ad but it just won't let me create a new one. Maybe it's my computer?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Can you start a new thread in the open forum,???? I don't have a answer for you.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Both of you have pics in common. Can you post a thread in the classifieds without pics? What size are the pics you're attaching? Have you tried resizing them? Have you tried attaching them one at a time?

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've tried with and without pics, I even tried using Firefox and Internet Explorer and it does the same thing. Explorer said it was some server error so I don't know if that's on my end or what. I'm going to go somewhere and try a different computer and see if that does it. Otherwise maybe I could post it in the general forum and a mod could move it to the classifieds?

When I try to preview the ad it does the same thing also.

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think this was the same problem I was having a few weeks ago. My workaround involved changing the title of my thread. I'm far from an expert and I can't explain it, but it seemed like some non alphanumeric characters wouldn't work in the title. / and - and such.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can not explain why but today I tried a test ad and it worked! I went in and edited everything to read as I want so I'm good to go I guess.

SouthwestUSA

Diagnosed with MS, need to unload MEP002A GenSets

I purchased several MEP002A generators last year from GL, and shortly after was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. It put me into a tailspin and has made walking difficult. I've had a couple of people suggest it might be linked to the Agent Orange I was sprayed with several times in Vietnam... Don't know for certain, but I obviously won't be able to use and benefit from these generators and need to focus on other pressing issues.

I can't find a suitable spot in classifieds here where to post an ad, and need suggestions on what might be the best way to sell these. I'm not sure if selling on Ebay would be a good idea, as I'm not in nay condition to load, box and ship these as an Ebay auction would require. I just need someone to come by with a trailer. I can use the front-loader on my tractor to load on a flatbed.

Any tips will be helpful. I am in the north central Texas area. The generators are untested, but have relatively low hours. I have three complete generators and one that is partially disassembled and useful for parts.

Thanks
sterlingintexas@gmail.com

phil2968

You have to have a premium membership now to post for sale in the classifieds. $15 for a year ain't bad. Go to your User CP and there is a place to pay. Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks