• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Posting to classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
From the rules section:

Classified Ads: These free ads are for the benefit of our membership. To encourage forum participation, and discourage people from joining just to post a free ad, a minimum of 100 posts will be required before a user can place an ad. They are subject to final approval by SS.com staff. Do not post commercial advertising. Commercial advertising is a pay-per-ad service. Please email the webmaster if you would like to post a commercial/vendor ad. Please keep all free classified ads military vehicle related. Do NOT post more than 10 ads at any one time. Users with more than 10 ads will have their oldest ads deleted. Members who consistently abuse the system by posting more than 10 ads will have the classified ad privileges revoked.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
a while back we had a post hoe that was making crap post to get his post count up, as his count went up, so did the requiered post count, he got booted not once but TWICE, sorry, you fall into the 100 rule because of a post hoe, that is how a few can screw the good guys

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For future reference for everyone.

Prior to April 2011, the post requirement was only 5 to post in the classifieds. It was increased to 100 after the Post Hoe incident.

So If you joined the site before the change in the rules and haven't post 100+ times, sorry.

I say 20 lashes to the next person that asks why they can't post a classified add! LOL :lol:
Everyone, let's try and keep this one civilized for a change.

Th poster had a good title, asked a good question and didn't list his item in the forums. Thanks for that.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
there should be a notice at the top of the forum, stating that the 5 rule is now 100 because of a post hoe.

this will help beacuse some of the members that read the 5 rule along with the rest of the site rules, don't know what is going on

Chief_919

there should be a notice at the top of the fourm, stating that the 5 rule is now 100 because of a post hoe.

this will help beacuse some of the members that read the 5 rule along with the rest of the site rules, don't know what is going on
Yup.

Who was the post whore anyway?

dan2002dd

So even though someone has been a member for a while and posted classified ads in the past they are now blocked. Couldn't it be changed to a number of post or time period as a member. I have recieved a lot of info from this site but have little need to post all the time as most everything has been covered before and I can just search it.

Yes it COULD be changed, but it WILL not.
This subject has been run through the ringer so many times, that I personally must have over 200 posts responding.
It may be possible to plead your case with Mangus, he may be able to wave the requirement for the longtime members. I just have not seen it done.

zout

I think Ron should be made to use his post w**** avatar I sent him anytime mentioning it. Visual is much better than type. [thumbzup]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks