• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Posting to classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

frodobaggins

there should be a notice at the top of the forum, stating that the 5 rule is now 100 because of a post hoe.

this will help beacuse some of the members that read the 5 rule along with the rest of the site rules, don't know what is going on

Until this is done, this is going to be an almost daily occurrence.
There should be a notice in bold big letters IN the classifieds.

Sarge29

If you are active here it wont take long to reach the 100 mark. I have been here for a while mostly reading and not making many comments. Almost everything I have needed was already answered in previous post somewhere. This is a great bunch here and will bend over backwards to help when you are in a jam. Always search before you ask a question. Most anything you can think of has been covered at least 1 time. Oh--Welcome to the site.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Until this is done, this is going to be an almost daily occurrence.
There should be a notice in bold big letters IN the classifieds.
The notice that the old site is down and TM's should be back up shortly , has been remove from the notices at the top of the page . So I wouldn't expect any changes to the classifieds before the TM's and it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon.

KsM715

What about 100 posts or 1 year? Like a car warranty, 5 years or 100, thousand miles, whichever comes first.

First off I do not mean to offend dan2002dd with this but.............. The whole rule change came about so that active members could use the classifieds. If you have had a membership for a year or more and you havent been on enough to see that we have been having problems with the classifieds then I wouldn't exactly call that an "active" member. Lately we have had several members with join dates from years ago with way less than 100 posts and dont understand that they can not post a classified ad.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the rules section:

Classified Ads: These free ads are for the benefit of our membership. To encourage forum participation, and discourage people from joining just to post a free ad, a minimum of 100 posts will be required before a user can place an ad. They are subject to final approval by SS.com staff. Do not post commercial advertising. Commercial advertising is a pay-per-ad service. Please email the webmaster if you would like to post a commercial/vendor ad. Please keep all free classified ads military vehicle related. Do NOT post more than 10 ads at any one time. Users with more than 10 ads will have their oldest ads deleted. Members who consistently abuse the system by posting more than 10 ads will have the classified ad privileges revoked.
Is that you're form post now? If not it should be. Just copy it to your computer and use it for the daily "classifieds thread".

Anybody want to take a bet another one shows up in less than two days?

Last edited:

KsM715

I give it 24 hrs. Actually mid day tomorrow when someone decides this is the weekend they need to finally sell that extra part they have had siting in the corner of the shed for the past 2 years

91W350

Is it finally time to sell that starter off of my old M715? It has been holding the lid shut on a pop cooler for at least ten years!

largeboar

I log on and read the forums at least 4 times a week without making a post. Now I'm gonna be forced to waste the band width by making some rediculous observation or witless remark. This is gonna make alot of the really good threads a pain to read. I really hate wasting my time. Why didn't they base it on logins instead of posts?:jumpin:

KsM715

I log on and read the forums at least 4 times a week without making a post. Now I'm gonna be forced to waste the band width by making some rediculous observation or witless remark. This is gonna make alot of the really good threads a pain to read. I really hate wasting my time. Why didn't they base it on logins instead of posts?:jumpin:

You need to also contribute to the forum. Not just read the forum and gain all the info for free.

It might be a free site but as they say...........Nothing in this world is free.

Edit: I dont really see what the big deal is anyways. Most SS members search their local CL site daily looking for anything local. I know I do. If you dont have a 100 posts just put it on CL

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Further discussion is a waste of everyones time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks