• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Potential Alaska Get-Together?

71DeuceAK

This idea popped into my head in January while flying back up to Fairbanks from an MV stint outside Minot, North Dakota:

Alaska get-together perhaps? There are a few of us Deuce/5 ton guys in and around Anchorage and Fairbanks, plus other areas.

One fellow member suggested maybe everyone meet at Denali?

Looking for ideas. Would love to somehow do this in the spring after breakup, before I graduate and probably move out of state for (MV related) work....

71DeuceAK

OK, so obviously everything is on hold right now until COVID19 subsides, which it doesn't look like will be happening for awhile yet, especially given Alaska's case counts lately...it seems we are in our "second wave" as things are starting to reopen. Nevertheless, figured I'd post as others have started tentatively doing their (socially-distanced, face-masked, of course) events again.

That said, looks like I may be moving out of state in August. I still need to fly up to Fairbanks at some point and go move out (Left on vacation intending to return 10 days later and didn't). Not sure when that will be but when I do I'd consider trying to get together with a few of you again, with proper measures in place as needed at the time if quarantines are lifted by then.

I know there's a couple of you in Anchorage, Wasilla, etc also. Would consider a layover there when planning flights if things were planned out ahead of time, although of course everything is in limbo until the pandemic gets under control. I may not make it up until next year at this rate anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks