• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Potential for New Soft Doors HMMWV

Blizken

Hey All.

Since the company that manufactured soft doors for the HMMWV close a while ago, I am considering spooling up the manufacturing of complete sets of new soft doors. It took me a long time to put together 4 nice used ones btw. Pain in arse.

As the available ones leave the market etc-at some point in the future-no doors would be available.

I wanted to get your opinions on this. Things like do you think there would be takers for say 100 complete sets of 4? Assuming the price point was fair and reasonable.

Or any other thoughts.

Thanks!

Reactions: OBX

mccullek

I’m interested in a new set possibly. Are you looking at just the skins or full sets of doors including frames? Shipping the dang things is the biggest expense it seems, so doing the skins would prob be more reasonable.

Blizken

I’m interested in a new set possibly. Are you looking at just the skins or full sets of doors including frames? Shipping the dang things is the biggest expense it seems, so doing the skins would prob be more reasonable.
Hey hi. Yes so I would be making complete doors. And will work something out with shipping to make the package price reasonable.

SmartDrug

Replicas of the original soft doors or different?

Functional windows?

I have Arctic doors and would like windows that can open, so I’m definitely interested.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SECO has brand new soft doors. Also MME has brand new doors for sale. So someone is making them again. Both places are $1400. Just don't know where they are coming from. Just like the hard x doors, they all come from a company in Canada.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Breton are back in business and are taking backorders. I got a top from them, had to wait but it arrived faster than expected and is genuine OEM. https://bretonindustries.com/product-category/hmmwv-humvee/

Not to diminish your plan, as another supplier is always good I think, but there are other sources - they're just intermittent or expensive or both.

BDGR

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Breton are back in business and are taking backorders. I got a top from them, had to wait but it arrived faster than expected and is genuine OEM. https://bretonindustries.com/product-category/hmmwv-humvee/

Not to diminish your plan, as another supplier is always good I think, but there are other sources - they're just intermittent or expensive or both.

BDGR
I really need to new front doors, I couldn't find any way to get to this link w/o knowing the direct link. I'm willing to spend the $500 for the front doors but just concerned since I couldn't find a way here from the main page there really is no back order in progress right now.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really need to new front doors, I couldn't find any way to get to this link w/o knowing the direct link. I'm willing to spend the $500 for the front doors but just concerned since I couldn't find a way here from the main page there really is no back order in progress right now.
I found the page using Google, which saves older pages sometimes. Maybe Breton has disabled that pathway and the page is a leftover and not really usable. I contacted them a few years ago about a HMMWV issue and got the impression they aren't at all interested in aftermarket, only Govt contracts. Won't tell them how to run their business, but I think owners like us are a good business.

BDGR

Blizken

BDGR
I think I can come in at close to 60% the current prices. We may take a shot at it regardless. Thank so much for the intel.

Blizken

SECO has brand new soft doors. Also MME has brand new doors for sale. So someone is making them again. Both places are $1400. Just don't know where they are coming from. Just like the hard x doors, they all come from a company in Canada.
Those are all leftover stock from the company that closed.

Guyfang

Staff member
Blizken,

Please remember, that to sell items in the forum, you need to upgrade your membership. Also, please change you location to the state you live in. Thanks.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried calling last year and never got
Those are all leftover stock from the company that closed.
I contacted SECO and they say they are all brand new. They have tops and complete kits. Where did you hear they are left over stock?

SecoParts

Supporting Vendor

I contacted SECO and they say they are all brand new. They have tops and complete kits. Where did you hear they are left over stock?

Full disclosure, the new soft tops we listed are new manufactured 1:1 OEM Replicas. MFG to milspec, but they are aftermarket.

Blizken

Was not inferring they were not new. I was talking to a guy at a show-discussing tops. He had mentioned that there was still new and unused stock available as we are discussing here. That the stock came from the company who had the Gov contract. Which is now closed. You can mark it as a latrine rumor.

Blizken

Blizken,

Please remember, that to sell items in the forum, you need to upgrade your membership. Also, please change you location to the state you live in. Thanks.
Hi Guyfang. Understood. I have nothing for sale here and am not shilling, just trying to take the temperatures of mutual owners.

I live in 2 States sir. 50/50

Best regards.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Price would have to be on point. I can get milspec door skins with windows for $750/pair of 4 shipped to my door. I just have to reuse the existing frame. Each door takes about an hour to redo with the rivets if I'm watching TV while doing it.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Price would have to be on point. I can get milspec door skins with windows for $750/pair of 4 shipped to my door. I just have to reuse the existing frame. Each door takes about an hour to redo with the rivets if I'm watching TV while doing it.
Can you share where skins are available as I had not heard of that and instructions?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks