• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Potential member question

WeBeJeepin

Don't spend much time worrying about justifying the purchase of your new deuce. Once you get it you will understand why everyone should have one. Instead, save all that reasoning and brain strain to help you when you try to justify the purchase of your SECOND deuce! I speak from experience...(That is, if this EUC ever clears)

dsoukup

I stopped by and took a better look and will try to post a few pictures. This truck does not have a winch. It does look to have new cover for the back, and it has a hard top to the cab. I could not find any rust and most of the glass is good(one back window square is busted and the passeger window has some botched tint job on it). Looking at the front axle it looks like it might leak a little or at least did at one time, but that's about all I know.

Attachments

Troll1216

I got my Deuce for seera reasons.

1. I have always wanted a MV

2. We have huricanes and floods in Florida

3. I need to go to Home Depot and buy fence material and it is very cool to say I'll take 4 bundles of 4x4x8..... No I don't want them delivered, I want them NOW!

4. It keeps the riffraff out of the area

5. You will meet many great people in this hobby

6. It is the ultimate bug out vehicle

I learned how to drive one for my department, and I got bit with the go green and go big bug..... I'm planning a 109 camper conversion now.... I just need to sell it to the fiancee.......:grin:

dsoukup

Ok, Thanks to the advice here and the wealth of information that I was able to process, I was able to come up with getting the truck at a cost that I was a lot more comfortable with. Thanks to the help of all of you, and I'm sure I will be posting more questions in the future. Used it to take the family out to supper tonight - that was a blast.

Attachments

Steaminjim

Congratulations. I bought mine from Wreckerman and have had a blast. This is a great group of guys and girls and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Welcome! Its a great life. [thumbzup]

Ps I use mine to pick up firewood from the local furniture builders for winter and carry the local Marine Corps League in all the local parades. Great fun.

ARYankee

Congrats on the purchase!!! Now you have the OD Affliction!!!! :) Are you going to the Petit Jean Rally later this month? You should think about going because I know a few of us from here will be there :)